What's new

Ever change a domain name because you ended up hating it?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Coming up with a site name/domain name can be a chore if you don't know what the site will be right away. Have you ever had to change a domain name because you later ended up hating it? I have had some domains like that, where I just didn't like it after a while and decided to move on from it.

Have you ever changed a domain because you ended up hating it later? Discuss.

Coming up with a site name/domain name can be a chore if you don't know what the site will be right away. Have you ever had to change a domain name because you later ended up hating it? I have had some domains like that, where I just didn't like it after a while and decided to move on from it.

Yes, I have actually changed my domain name because I ended up hating it later on. It's not a fun process, but it's sometimes necessary in order to move on and find something that better suits your needs. Although for my case, i realized later that it was a bad word in Spanish. And since i wanted an int'l clientele, i had no choice but to change it.

I have completely changed my mind on entire projects. I only buy domains when I am 100% certain of them. I currently own something like 15 domains but several of them are just sitting because I either changed my mind on the project or I am still working on them.

It once happen to me. I registered a domain to use for website. I want to upgrade my website with blogger then so I registered this domain. But, after registering , I discover the domain doesn't fit to what I want to do. So, I abaddon it till expired. It happen very often to those who buy domain.

I saw this same question once, and one of the best answers suggested by someone was to use your name or a version of it as the domain name. This way, once established, you do not have to change it even if you want to change the niche.

Your domain is not like a living thing, you don't change the name just because you just hate the domain. You might want to change everything about your domain if you're not earning enough from it and that's your fault because you're the one controlling the domain

Your domain is not like a living thing, you don't change the name just because you just hate the domain. You might want to change everything about your domain if you're not earning enough from it and that's your fault because you're the one controlling the domain
It is just simple:
You buy a new domain name.
You inform your hoster provider about your decision.
You just unlink instance from old domain name.
You relink to new domain name.

It completely changed the way I thought about the whole project. Only buy a domain if you are 100% sure. I currently own about 15 domains, some of which have been abandoned because they've changed their minds about the project or are still working on it.

Indeed, I did in fact alter my web domain after realizing how much I disliked it. Although the procedure is unpleasant, there are times when it is vital to change on and discover something which properly satisfies your requirements.

i have never changed a domain name because i hated it or because i did not like the name or something, before giving a domain name i always think it through before deciding to go for it.

I've changed my mind entirely about entire projects. Only when I am very positive about a domain do I buy it. About 15 domains are currently under my ownership, although a few of them are just sitting there because I either changed my mind about the idea or I am still working on it.

I've changed my mind entirely about entire projects. Only when I am very positive about a domain do I buy it. About 15 domains are currently under my ownership, although a few of them are just sitting there because I either changed my mind about the idea or I am still working on it.
15 domains!!!, that is a lot of work on your plate, i can imagine how difficult it is managing all of them, but as you said they are idle, but i recommend you try flipping them for profit.

Prior to actually choosing on a domain, I undertake a careful and comprehensive consideration of the name, so I've seldom modified a web domain because I despised it to be fair.

Not at all and I don't think anyone will say they hate the domain name they once chose - instead of going through the rigors of changing the name, I'll rather sell it

I do not choose a domain that would cause me to hate it later and change it later because this could affect my SEO rankings. I do a lot of research on the origin of the domain name before choosing a particular one

No, i do not own a website to begin with and so i've never changed a domain name because i hated it. Even if i'm to own a website in future, i eould think carefully about the domain name so i won't end up hating it.

I do not choose a domain that would cause me to hate it later and change it later because this could affect my SEO rankings. I do a lot of research on the origin of the domain name before choosing a particular one
there are various reason that may bring about you hating a website you once love, which can vary from various things like if you stopped working on that project that made you create the website.

there are various reason that may bring about you hating a website you once love, which can vary from various things like if you stopped working on that project that made you create the website.
This is a very clever answer. If I am working on a new project, I would prefer to work on a totally different website to my old one so that my two projects do not coincide and mix up

This is a very clever answer. If I am working on a new project, I would prefer to work on a totally different website to my old one so that my two projects do not coincide and mix up
Even linking them to two different databse in case that a project is compromised the second project isn't compromised and this is a general rule for all kind of projects.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back