What's new

Ever bought a site that shouldn't have been sold?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you purchased a site, and later found out that it shouldn't have even been sold? Or that it was sold against the owners wishes.

I haven't had this happen to me, but there was times where I received emails from previous owners asking for the domain back a couple times. But those were fake emails from people trying to make me think like they are the real owners.

Has anything similar happened? Ever bought a site that had nothing but problems from it?

I do not think this is possible to happen except the owner is ready to pay me there times of what i bought it if he)she realizes that they made a mistake by selling it, because why behave that way in the first place.

No, i have never purchased a site and later find out that it shouldn't be sold. I feel this happens when one hurriedly purchase a site without getting proper information about it.

I am always careful whenever I am buying things like this because you just never can tell. I have learnt of instances where by people bought their websites that was already on the verge of being collected by law enforcement.

I am always careful whenever I am buying things like this because you just never can tell. I have learnt of instances where by people bought their websites that was already on the verge of being collected by law enforcement.
if someone does this to anyone then it should be tagged as a criminal offence because i believe it is deceitful and fraudulent to sell a site to someone that is haunted by law enforcement agencies.

No, i have never purchased a site and later find out that it shouldn't be sold. I feel this happens when one hurriedly purchase a site without getting proper information about it.
You're absolutely right by saying this, most people who usually tends to complain about this are the set of people who might in case sold it out in a hurry without having much information about the site.

before you sell of a site, you need to plan very hard concerning the siter and make sure it is the right decision you are taking before you sell off your website because once it is done it can not be undone.

I have not experience that, but, as someone who knows little about domain flipping, I have seen people who purchased site or domain that the previous and or owner didn't approve of. This could happen for a lot of reason. But most time it's as result of the owner reckless by forgetting to renew the domain.

This is also one of the reasons why I usually take out time before I am purchasing anything that is significant because I will not want to hear this kind of reasons afterwards.

This is also one of the reasons why I usually take out time before I am purchasing anything that is significant because I will not want to hear this kind of reasons afterwards.
One ought to be very careful when purchasing a site so as to avoid purchasing a site that is sold out. People who buy sites at a cheaper price than normal may also be victims of this situation.

I have only bought one site. Normally I do not buy sites because I sell websites, however, I bought the site because it was a forum on the niche I cared about and the forum was a nice one.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back