What's new
  • Please note to have a link in an article you must first request permission from the administrator and pay a fee. You can read more information here.

ERider Review | Model 50 | Electric Motorbikes |

I am currently using the ESkuta SX250 road-legal, classed as an EAPC rather than a bicycle. EAPCs do a top speed of 15.5mph and must be "propelled" with the pedals to provide pedal-assist technology. I've done nearly 1,000 miles on my E-Bike, and I wanted to purchase something with more of a powerful motor. The ESkuta has a motor of 250w, and the motorbike that I've purchased from ERider has a motor of 5000w, equivalent to a 125cc Petrol Moped/Motorbike.

Before making a purchase, I needed to obtain my CBT. A CBT stands for Compulsory basic training, a course you must take before riding a moped or motorbike on UK Roads. The training ensures you are not a danger to other road users, and you know how to keep yourself safe while riding. It costs around £120-£150 depending on your chosen provider. If someone completes their CBT, the license will allow riders to ride up to 125cc, provided they are over 17. If the rider is under 17, they may only ride a 50cc with CBT. Either way, L-Plates must be displayed, and riders are not permitted to carry passengers or ride on motorways. Since we will talk about Electric Motorbikes in this Article, a 125cc in electrical terms must not exceed 11kw or 11,000w of power.

Step One before buying an Erider Model 50 Electric Motorbikes- Complete my CBT - 10/10 Stars
Thanks, Poole Makro Honda Motorcycling, and to my Instructor James!

1653840203614.png

I researched and spoke to a few people about where the best place was to complete my compulsory basic training for motorcycles. Honda Motorcycling School, a local branch near me, is where I completed my CBT. On the day, I was extremely nervous but excited at the same time.
There were five elements to my CBT on the day:
  • Element A: introduction - Our instructor, James, introduced himself and spoke about what to expect on the day, including the five elements and how long the training would take. He explained that if he feels a rider requires additional training on a specific module, he would recommend another day to complete the remainder of CBT. Our instructor also told the students where the toilets were and complimentary refreshments would be if required. Finally, he explained a CBT isn't a test, and the T stands for training.
  • Element B: practical on-site training - Our instructor took the students, including me, over to our bikes and introduced each student to their motorcycles. There were two other students, and I was the only one who chose to drive an automatic rather than a manual on the day. This is because Electric Motorcycles don't have gears and are automatic vehicles. Our instructor showed us how to check Oil, Tyre Pressure, Wind Mirrors, Tyre tread, Brakes / Brake Pads, Use of the Centre Stand, and ensure the Motorbikes were safe to ride before proceeding to Element C.
  • Element C: practical on-site riding - Now, Element C was driving around cones, knowing how to brake, use emergency braking, use wind mirrors, lifesaver check, and ensure that we were comfortable with our bikes before we prepared to head out onto the road where we faster speeds are done.
  • Element D: practical on-road training preparation - Our Instructor talked us through the highway code, asked us some basic questions on UK Road Laws, and explained the basics and positions you should ride in. Once everyone was happy with the preparation stage, it was finally time to head out onto the road.
  • Element E: practical on-road riding. - CBT requires 2 hours of practical riding on the road. Everything we learned on the day and our previous experience on the roads was required with the utmost concentration. The instructor fitted a Bluetooth earpiece in my motorcycle helmet, and we went on the road. The highest speed we reached was 40mph on my 125cc Moped, and we arrived back at the Honda Motorcycle shop afterward, where the instructor gave us our certificate and a free hot drink!
Step Two - Sales Inquiry for the Erider Model 50 Electric Motorbikes - 10/10 Stars

1653840312178.png

ERider owns the company, and the website on which the products are sold is ERider Bikes.com. The head office for Erider Bikes is in London, with the company offering an extensive range of Motorbikes and Mopeds that are all Electric. I then came across Electric Rider, a reseller for ERider, and decided to purchase with them. The website is ElectricRider.co.uk.

Step Three - Purchasing the ERider Model 50 from Electric Rider - 8/10 Stars

Initially, I spoke with Sam from Electric Rider on their Live Chat, who advised me on some frequently asked customer questions that I had about the Model 50. Once I was happy, I started negotiating for a discount with the company, and the sales manager, Gila, kindly agreed on an amount with me. I then went and ordered the ERider Model 50 and ticked the "Register the ERider Model 50 before delivery, with the DVLA". This is for an extra £75, with £55 of that being the cost price that the DVLA charge - the rest is an administration charge for handling the paperwork on your behalf. I placed the order with Electric Rider for the ERider Model 50 on the 16th of May. My ERider Model 50 is due to arrive tomorrow, 30/05/2022.

1654977178356.png

Unfortunately, the logbook, which includes the registration to get a number plate printed and fitted, is being sent separately to the ERider Model 50. This isn't the fault of the reseller Electric Rider or the actual company ERider as the DVLA is a separate entity to these companies. However, further clarification could be added to avoid confusion and customer frustration. Adding a disclaimer, mentioning it could take up to two weeks after receiving the ERider Model 50 to receive the actual registration, could go a long way.

Before I move on to talk about the actual product and company ERider, I would like to summarise my thoughts on the reseller Electric Rider. Electric Rider's overall review rating gets a 9/10 for having amazing customer service, a competitive pricing structure, and discounts for various celebrations. Most recently they offered a 5% discount for the Queens Jubilee.

Electric Rider gets a 9/10. Keep up the good work team!

Untitled.png
Customers should be aware that you cannot legally use it on public premises, and it's stuck on Private Premises, where it's open to weather conditions and possible theft until the registration VC5 and registration documents have been sent. In addition, until you have such documents, you cannot get insurance or a license plate without the Log Book containing the number plate, posing security issues.

Step Four - Delivery of the ERider Model 50

I received my ERider Model 50 within the timeslot advised by the company's courier. The courier gave me text updates on how far he was from my address. I cannot fault the courier's customer service, as he explained and answered any questions I had regarding my new ERider Model 50. After the delivery of the bike, I stored it under CCTV and a Motorcycle Cover on my property to protect it from conditions knowing the classic weather in the UK!

Even though Ken advised it could take up to two weeks, it took just over a week from receiving the bike to receiving the registration documents to getting the bike's plates printed, insurance sorted, and tax.

1654977246865.png

Regarding my insurance, I decided not to go with BikeSure as they charged me nearly £1000 for cover for the year and didn't offer monthly installments. I researched Lexham Insurance, which offered to insure my bike for £600 for the year and had an option for monthly installments. Click here or on the image below to take out a Lexham Insurance policy today for your new ERider Electric Motorbike.

1654977270468.png

It's worth noting that your ERider Model 50 Electric Motorbike won't be showing for about three days as you have insurance on the police database (mid). I recommend carrying a copy of your insurance policy around as the police cars with ANPR cameras will pull your Electric Motorbike over. I request a copy of the policy to ensure you are legally fit to ride on the road.

ERider Model 50 Review, Guide, and Rider Tips
What am I legally required to have or do to obtain an ERider Model 50 Electric Motorbike and Ride Legally on UK Roads? Read below for the Legality Information about owning a Model 50

1654977684103.png
  1. CBT Required / 125cc Automatic
  2. Renewal of CBT every two years unless the motorcycle was taken. You may remove the L Plates if the motorcycle exam is taken and passed.
  3. Insurance Required
  4. Provisional License Required
  5. L Plates Front and Rear
  6. If you are using for delivery services, Courier Insurance, as well as Motor Insurance, is legally required.
  7. License Plate on Rear
  8. MOT Every Three Years
  9. Unable to ride with a passenger while you are a learner driver.
  10. Declare it as a Tax Exemption on the Gov Website due to having Zero Emissions.

ERider Model 50 Review Electric Motorbike Review
A complete YouTube video review will be done in due course. Still, for now, I will talk about my riding experience with the ERider Model 50, and later I will be embedding a YouTube video below for you to watch. In the YouTube video of the Erider Model 50 review Electric Motorbike. However, for now, I've ridden just above 50 miles and tested the Electric Motorbikes' speed on Dual Carriageways, doing speeds of 50mph+, and the Electric Motorbike handles itself well. What I like about the ERider Model 50 is how quiet the motor is, and it's got everything else a top-range petrol Motorbike would have. I would suggest to my viewers and readers at Bizdustry invest in the ERider Model 50, as it costs only a penny per mile in Electric. You can't get much cheaper than that!

Last edited:
Even as someone who is kind of afraid to drive, this beautiful electric motorbike seem to be fast and professional, it is a wise move of yours to check those types of products before you are purchasing them so you will not regret of that purchase, you should first know what this thing is, and what are it's pros and cons on the roads compared to the other versions of it and other types of motorbikes and motorcycle. But most importantly is to feel comfortable while riding on that thing so it will be comfortable for you to work everyday, after all at your job driving is almost everything 😅.

I used to drive Gilera Typhoon scooter during vacations at Greece resort. No need for driving licence, helmets, etc. Only fuel. It was big enough to carry me and girlfriend and rather fast and comfortable even if it was 50cc. It was with variator. No need to change gears. It was 20 years ago but design of scooters does not change that much as I can see. I wonder what is the capital difference between that bike and ERider if both are clutchlesss.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back