What's new
  • Please note to have a link in an article you must first request permission from the administrator and pay a fee. You can read more information here.

Ergonomic Benefits of Laptop Stands

As many businesses start to provide remote jobs, it has become a norm for everyone to make their home feel like a fantastic workplace. You begin to purchase various equipment to set up your work-from-home station, such as a work laptop, sturdy table, and comfy chair.

However, since the laptop's height is small, you will still need to stoop over to see what's happening—even if you already have a desk. Working in that position for long hours can be uncomfy and may cause various health problems. So, to avoid all those muscle strains, neck pain, and upper back pain, investing in an ergonomic laptop stand is a must.

In this article, we'll give you several reasons why having one can help you in the best ways possible. Read on to learn the ergonomic benefits of a laptop stand that can help boost your productivity.

1. A laptop stand brings your screen to eye level.​

One of the most notable benefits of a laptop stand is that it raises your screen to an eye level.

Since the laptop's screen is low in height, you're most probably glancing down constantly to see everything that's happening on your screen. However, staying in that forward bending position for a long time, especially during work or study hours, could cause stiffness or discomfort in your neck and back—even before your day is done.

That's where a laptop stand comes in as a remedy. It can help you maintain a healthy posture while sitting in front of your screen for hours. Know that doing physiotherapy is much more expensive than owning a laptop stand. You can get a good one for only a minimum of $25. You wouldn't have to spend a fortune to get treated if you can prevent it by having a laptop stand.

Moreover, since most designs are adjustable, you can indeed find something that will suit your needs. Once you've found the best one, you can start setting up your laptop for remote work.

2. A laptop stand helps improve your typing ergonomics and productivity.​

Most laptops with a built-in keyboard aren't exactly ergonomic. And while an external ergonomic keyboard can quickly correct this, for many people, it pushes the screen so far away that it's hard to view what's written. Thus, it takes up so much space on your desk.

In light of this, having a laptop stand is a must. It will allow you to connect an external keyboard to your laptop while keeping the screen from being pushed too far back. There are even designs that get the screen close to you while working. For instance, dual-rise laptop stands. They allow you to slide the external keyboard beneath the laptop efficiently.

When you're in a comfortable position typing, you'll become more productive and can reduce the risks of remote security. The possibilities of having a laptop stand are endless.

3. A laptop stand keeps your laptop from overheating.​

You must know that laptops are more likely to overheat than desktop computers. It is because the hardware components are tightly packed together, minimizing the available room for air circulation. And when you position it on a flat surface, heat can accumulate more quickly. That overheating can cause your laptop to slow down, even when you're only performing basic tasks. Also, the battery will deplete faster, resulting in a shorter lifespan.

By elevating the height of your laptop using a stand, you also enhance the airflow beneath it, keeping the equipment cool. Some laptop stands even have USB-powered cooling fans and fan vents for added efficiency. Getting one will be so much helpful in keeping your laptop in good condition.

4. A laptop stand makes multitasking more manageable.​

When your work requires a dual-screen setup, but you only have a spare laptop to use with the existing monitor, release the thought of buying a new one. Using a laptop stand, you can just elevate it to the same height as your computer. And the good news is that it's cheaper than purchasing a new computer monitor but operates similarly. You can multitask on both screens easily while preventing eye strain and neck pain.

5. A laptop stand helps with getting rid of clutter.​

You've probably experienced different running cables tangling on your desk, making it difficult to use your laptop properly. But those days will be gone with a laptop stand. With it, you can easily route your cables beneath to keep everything tidy.

In addition, if you always drink coffee on your desk while working, you won't need to worry about any spills that could destroy your laptop because the stand elevates it from the surface of your desk. Moreover, you also reduce the amount of dirt that gets onto the laptop since you'll be using an external mouse and keyboard.

The Bottom Line​

Now more than ever, a laptop stand is one of the simplest solutions to compensate for most computers' ergonomic shortcomings. It improves your upper body posture, lowers your risk of body pains, boosts your laptop's performance, keeps you productive, and makes your workstation tidy. So invest in a laptop stand to get you ready on your work-from-home journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a laptop, however, I use a desk to work, I do not use a laptop stand. I have height adjustable desk, so depending on my mood and body conditions I switch my working position, I work standing as well as sitting on the chair. I also use vertical mouse and a secondary keyboard instead if my laptop's keyboard and touchpad for ease of use. It's winter and sometimes I work in my bedroom and a laptop stand might be helpful for me.

When I had a working laptop, I would use it on a small table near my recliner. I even got one of those trays where you could set a laptop up on a couple of comfortable cushions and work from the comfort of your recliner. Really makes working on a laptop much easier. Otherwise, if I were to work on a laptop, a laptop stand would be a good option. Thanks for sharing your article. :)

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back