Eline

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Posts Club
May 23, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know a great deal of people prefer the domain - dot com. However a lot of people prefer to avoid those domains because such domains may not give the SEO results. But that has been changed over the years. And it seems like a lot of domains are now being under use. And the dot com is not a king anymore. I am starting to wonder if there are any good domains that can be used?

Do you use domain other than dot com?

I dont think its a necessity.

Back when I used to own a forum, it was a compulsion from our peer group to have a high level domain. I started off with a .info domain and things were going good for me.

I had not seen a spike in my activity after purchasing a .com domain and routing traffic to my .info domain.

So I believe, the domain extension doesnt matter, the content and the appearance matter.

In my opinion, .com is not a necessity but it is ideal. Most professional websites will use .com; .net/.org are also widely used but .com remains the most popular option. .com is also the most SEO friendly.

Remember back in the day when I first hear about new extensions and most are rejecting or if not buying the most used names up to the sale and make a profit. But SEO was bad and hard to grow good traffic. .com and .net are the most used and to this day still.

Now-a-days as 10 years have been and gone it doesn't matter anymore, improvements and they look at getting what niche suits them the best. Hell, I can get empire.empire :p as long as you put work into it then you get good results.

Well, in some countries, the dot com isn't king by a long shot. For instance, in the UK, people want the .co.uk and in South Korea they want the .co.kr. Anyway, though, from a biz POV, if you're in the USA, the .com is the easiest to remember for customers.

I do use .net domain extension but for my website, I have registered the .com domain extension as well.
It is better to not take any chances when it comes to these things. People usually snatch the other domain extensions to become competitors. It's better to remove that possibility. Lately apart from .com, other domain extensions like .net, .org, .co , .io are gaining popularity.

As I stated in the other forum, now a days .com is not really needed. Just some good organic content, great marketing and youre set.
Exactly what he said, it s not about the domain, maybe it was 10 years ago or more, but now quality content is what brings organic growth, maybe if you have something local you can use the domain of your country, as many do this.

Theoratically, you can use any domains and rank high on search engines. However, common people do not trust a website that uses new extension. I had a blog with xyz domain and website with com domain. My blog with xyz extension ranked higher than website with com extension. Yet, people often thought my blog was a phishing site.

I understand your concern with the domain regarding SEO because there is a notion before that dot com is the priority. But now with the popularity of other domain name providers like dot net and dot org and there's also the dot gov for the government, I guess the search engines would not have a discrimination otherwise it can also cause them a problem with the inaccuracy of their search results list.

I am using club, com and org domains. I think you can choose any domains you want as long as you do not have to compromise with your domain name. For example, it is quite impossible to find one word domain with com, but you may with other extensions. What ultimately matters is the name not the extension.

The best domain extension still remains .com I don't use any domain that contains another extension aside .com because this is the extension that is mostly recognized by search engine. Not as if other extension too doesn't get ranked but they can't outperform .com domain name while ranking.

It is better to not take any chances when it comes to these things. People usually snatch the other domain extensions to become competitors. It's better to remove that possibility. Lately apart from .com, other domain extensions like .net, .org. and etc.

Domains that end with the. NETs are typically for networking and internet services such as Comcast or the domestic mail addresses of AT&T. There was a mistake. The ORG fields are commonly intended for NGOs. Nothing is legally prevented from using a . However,

I believe that truly relies upon what your hoping to do and how significant the name you need is.

On the off chance that you are building a brand and right now make them follow connected to a name, at that point simply get another expansion, for example, .net .organization or .co.

A .com will give you the most power. The vast majority trust .com more.

.com implies business which is the reason organizations use it. Also, it just turned into the norm.

Presently whatever else appears to be odd. Yet, at the hour of this composing September 2019 it is difficult to think about a name that isn't taken.

I know a great deal of people prefer the domain - dot com. However a lot of people prefer to avoid those domains because such domains may not give the SEO results. But that has been changed over the years. And it seems like a lot of domains are now being under use. And the dot com is not a king anymore. I am starting to wonder if there are any good domains that can be used?

Do you use domain other than dot com?
The top-level domain .com is the most popular in the world. As of January 2016, there were over 100 million internet addresses registered with this coveted domain ending. But its popularity means that snapping up a .com web address is now a highly competitive business; attempting to register a domain only to find it’s already occupied is an increasingly common problem. However, you can still secure the desired name for your web presence by choosing from the considerable selection of alternative domain extensions.

dot com is a popular extension, so popular that any domain name you can think of seems to have been taken. This pushes us to look for domains other than dot com extension. I think dot org and not net also dot info are good domains

I have owned a lot of domain extensions from the popular like dot com to the shady looking xyz. I have also own dot org, dot club, dot online, dot info and dot store domains. I will be soon adding do me to my portfolio.

I can authoritatively tell you now that the.com domain extension is still the best form of domain extension right now anybody that tells you otherwise is lying to you. I do not have an alternative domain extension when there is.com domain extension everywhere.

There are other forms of domain extensions out there and they are quite okay too but none can still be compared to the dot com domains, not only are the commonest they are quite okay

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back