What's new

Domains other than dotcom

I have tested almost a dozen domain extensions from the popular choice like dot com to the shady looking domains xyz (because xyz is mostly used for hyip, ptc, etc)

Well, in some countries, the dot com isn't king by a long shot. For instance, in the UK, people want the .co.uk and in South Korea they want the .co.kr. Anyway, though, from a biz POV, if you're in the USA, the .com is the easiest to remember for customers.
Yes, the same happens in Brazil and Argentina, where the most used domains are respectively .br and .ar. It may also happen to choose a .com.br/.com.ar domains and rarely we see a different one. In Italy, the most important alternative to .com is .it and in Germany is .de. Domains are very dependable by each country.

Yes, the same happens in Brazil and Argentina, where the most used domains are respectively .br and .ar. It may also happen to choose a .com.br/.com.ar domains and rarely we see a different one. In Italy, the most important alternative to .com is .it and in Germany is .de. Domains are very dependable by each country.
when you use county code extension, they are called country domains, these domains are good if you have a local site and if you want to rank locally.

When i was new on the internet fold i thought that the only legitimate do ain extension back then is .COM type. But when i cane fully online, i understand that, their are other options too.

I know a great deal of people prefer the domain - dot com. However a lot of people prefer to avoid those domains because such domains may not give the SEO results. But that has been changed over the years. And it seems like a lot of domains are now being under use. And the dot com is not a king anymore. I am starting to wonder if there are any good domains that can be used?

Do you use domain other than dot com?
I'm also in here to learn more about getting the best domain for our online businesses as well. But am very sure to see the best one from what other members would suggest for us tho.

Why are people scared to buy domain extensions other than dot com? There is no difference between dot com, or dot net, or even dot io for that matter.

I do use .net domain extension but for my website, I have registered the .com domain extension as well.
It is better to not take any chances when it comes to these things. People usually snatch the other domain extensions to become competitors. It's better to remove that possibility. Lately apart from .com, other domain extensions like .net, .org, .co , .io are gaining popularity.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back