Domain vs web hosting.

Ashu

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Jan 30, 2021
USD
$3.0000USD
Biznotes
A domain name, is like the address of your home; web hosting on the other hand, is the space of your house where you place your furniture.

Instead of street name and area code, set of words or/and numbers are used for the website’s naming’. The same goes with hosting, computer hard disk and computer memory are used instead of instead of wood and steel for storing and processing data files.
When you register a domain, it gives you sole ownership and rights to the name of your site. No one else in the market has the access to the actual name of that particular domain besides you.

However, just because you have a domain does not mean that you are ready to serve your website to the world. To put up and operate a website, you will need a domain name, and a proper-configured web server (hosting).
A web hosting normally refers to the web server (big computer) that stores lots of data files).

A web hosting providers normally rent out web servers and network connection to the end-users or the resellers. For most cases, the hosting providers will be the parties handling most server maintenance work (such as backup, root configuration, maintenance, disaster recoveries, etc); but for certain cases, the end users will need to get everything cover by themselves.

Web hosting and domain hosting, though closely related, are two different services. Web hosts allow users to create and store content, like a website, on Internet servers. Domain hosts provide domain names, which help visitors access your web content.
Web Hosting is an account on a computer (aka server) that can store and serve website files via the Internet. Domain Registration is leasing a human-readable word (e.g., amazon.com) that directs people to specific website files via a browser. As an analogy, a domain is an “address” on the Internet.

I have a handful of domains but I have only one website. I purchased other domains in the hope to launch websites in various niches. The hosting package I have bought allows me to host upto 3 websites. However, I am not yet ready to host other websites. Buying a domain is just about money, however, hosting a website involves a lot of technical issues. In order to launch a website, you need a lot of content ready.

A domain host provides a domain name, like www.yourdomain.com, that visitors can use to find you. A domain name is like a street address that directs people to your website's location.

Domain hosts store domain names and facilitate their registration. If you’re using a domain registered through a third-party provider, like GoDaddy or Hover, they're your domain host.

From my understanding domain is the name or the address of your site. The hosting space is where you occupy in the room of the space. I don't have a total understanding of how these things work but I am interested.

Web hosting and domain hosting, though closely related, are two different services. Web hosts allow users to create and store content, like a website, on Internet servers. Domain hosts provide domain names, which help visitors access your web content.
Web Hosting is an account on a computer (aka server) that can store and serve website files via the Internet. Domain Registration is leasing a human-readable word (e.g., amazon.com) that directs people to specific website files via a browser. As an analogy, a domain is an “address” on the Internet.
Web Hosting is an account on a computer that can store and serve website files through Internet. Domain Registration is leasing a human-readable word ( for example amazon.com) that directs people to specific website files via a browser. As an analogy, a domain is an “address” on the Internet.

Web Hosting is an account on a computer ( server) that can store and serve website files via the Internet.
While
Domain registration is leasing a human-readable word that directs people to specific website files via a browser.
As an analogy, a domain is an “address” on the Internet. Hosting is the “land” or space where your website files live.

A domain name and a web hosting account if you want to build a website for yourself or a client. They are some reputable domain name registrars on the internet. Likewise the same thing as for the web hosting account. However you do not need a hosting account if it happens that you just want to register a domain name in order to flip it in the nearest future. All You Need Is name server of the marketplace you want to list the domain name.

Thank you for sharing the pointers for the domain name and the hosting service. Yes, the domain name is just the name or address of the website which is kept in the domain name server of the provider which can be dot com, dot net, dot org and any other domain name providers. The hosting is where the web pages are uploaded to the server which runs 24/7. The address of the server is submitted to the domain name server so that it can be accessed when the domain name is started.

A domain name, is like the address of your home; web hosting on the other hand, is the space of your house where you place your furniture.

Instead of street name and area code, set of words or/and numbers are used for the website’s naming’. The same goes with hosting, computer hard disk and computer memory are used instead of instead of wood and steel for storing and processing data files.
When you register a domain, it gives you sole ownership and rights to the name of your site. No one else in the market has the access to the actual name of that particular domain besides you.

However, just because you have a domain does not mean that you are ready to serve your website to the world. To put up and operate a website, you will need a domain name, and a proper-configured web server (hosting).
A web hosting normally refers to the web server (big computer) that stores lots of data files).

A web hosting providers normally rent out web servers and network connection to the end-users or the resellers. For most cases, the hosting providers will be the parties handling most server maintenance work (such as backup, root configuration, maintenance, disaster recoveries, etc); but for certain cases, the end users will need to get everything cover by themselves.
Thanks for sharing such a big idea on what are their difference on domain and web hosting just from now i am able to see their differences i thought it was only a terminologies for them as many platform or others saying buying domain so it can web hosting.

Web hosting and domain hosting though closely related, are two different services. Web host allow users to create and store content, like a website, on internet servers. Domain host provide domain names, which help visitors access your web content.

Both web hosting and domain are interwoven. For you to operate web hosting you need to own a domain to give you the access to the website where you will store and create content like website where web pages are uploaded ....

A domain is the address of your website that by people try in the the browser bar to visit your website. In other words if your website was a house,then your domain name will be it's address. While web hosting is a place where all the files of your website lives. A good way to think about this is if the domain name was the address of your house,then web hosting is the actual house that address point to. All websites on internet need web hosting.

This is a good explanation of what domains and hosting is all about. If as a business owner you want to get a website for your company this are the thing you need to know and also put into consideration to help you get started

Domain is the address for any website on the internet. However, in order to find the website it should he hosted. In other words, you use a domain to build a website and you need hosting to make your website live.

When you are a newbie, you will be confused seeing a lot of different domain extension. You might have heard of dot com as it is the most popular domain extension, however, you may have never herd of dot tk, which is the second popular domain based on registration

Right now I presently use a domain to open my site and I see it as the best, I don't really know more about this website host you are actually talking about. But it sound interesting to me

Domain names are like internet real estate whereby people can place their website on, for you to have a house you must first of all buy a land and so the same with a website, you will need to first have a domain before you can build a website that anyone can visit.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back