Sheen Creations

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Dec 18, 2020
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Hi Everyone!
Can anyone tell me what is a domain name and how does a domain works. I have heard that you need a domain to make a website. As all these terms sound too technical to me. And I'm unable to understand how to make a website for my online business. And when should I go for a domain name. It will be a great help if anyone can help me understand and choose the right domain name for my website.

A domain name is the name given to your website that differentiate from other on the internet, for instance Facebook.com, LadyJanetKitchen.com, NicheSiteProject.com etc. It's just like an address of your house.

Hosting is the virtual space on the internet that house your website properties. Picture house as the Parlour, Dinning room, living room, garage etc in your house.

You can buy domain name and the hosting account at different companies. And there are some that sell the two together.

A Domain is a special Identity of any Website so any client can undoubtedly recall that site and every area has its own remarkable IP address and is related with the IP address for example the Domain name Server. The exceptional Address that individuals go to your site by composing in an internet browser is known as the Domain Name.

The web hosting is the place where all the files of your website live. Also, When someone enters your domain name in a browser, this is translated into the IP address of your company's computer. This computer contains your files, and it sends those files back to the users' browsers.

I went ahead and signed up for the hosting and it was not easy to setup WordPress. I had to dig around in some scary convoluted retro looking menus and the entire SiteGround panel is just dated, very cluttered, and extremely hard to find what you're looking for. It took a solid 30, maybe 40 minutes for my site to be set up, but there was no indicator of that. Wow, thanks for the communication guys. It would be nice to know that there's about a 30 to 40 minute window for the automated setup, so do keep that in mind if you choose SiteGround.

if you want a good site to take domains, I recommend namecheap! :) you can also take host from them.

Domain name is the name of the website you want your went to be reffered to. For example just like facebook.com or twitter.com you can also use your personal name as your domain name but that's not even recommend for now and hosting is the Back end memory where the files and data will be saved

A domain name is a name that identifies ip addresses on the Internet. Domain names are used to identify Web pages.
Think of a website hosting company as a shopping centre that contains several individual stores. If u want to open a store at the shopping centre, you would lease a space and set up a shop. Just like a shopping centre, website hosting companies enable you to lease space on their Web servers where you can store your website files.

The domain name is the website name that you register with the dot company. The dot company is the extension of the domain such as dot come, dot org, dot net and all the the other dot companies that have the domain name server to service the website. When your website name (or domain name) is accessed the browser is directed to the DNS or domain name server of dot com (if that is your directory). The DNS then points to the server of the host for the actual access of the website. I hope that helps.

If you do not know what exactly is domain name and the hosting, I will simplify these terms in layman's terms. Domain is the address of your website. it starts with http, https, or www and ends with com, org, net etc. The words between these twos are actually your domain name. You have a domain name and if you want it to make live, or easily accessible for other people you need hosting. Hosting means making your domain accessible on the world wide web.

I came to this thread looking for answers and from what I have read here, I think domain name is the address of your website on the world wide web. However, your website will be accessible through a domain only when it is hosted.

In simple terms, Domain means it's name of your website and hosting means where you store your files and database. If you want to learn more about it than please read following information:

Google search should have given you better explanation on domain and hosting compared to most of the replies from the forum members. Since there are already good replies, I will add nothing on definition but I want to tell you if you want a domain there are over 1500 options for extension to chose from.

When you speak about domain name it is actually the name which you use as your website name. And this is the name in which anybody can use to open your website

A domain name is like a space on the internet where you will host your website on it. It is that name of the website through which people can input on their internet to visit your website.

If you want a website, you need a domain name and hosting. But you can also build a website without having a domain name and hosting, you can try free blogging platforms

A domain name is like a name which differentiates your site from another person. It is like the address of your house or your bank details. Hosting has to do with making your website accessible to other websites.

In simple terms, a domain name is your unique identity ( you can say it's your identity card, lol. 😁) that distinguishes you in the digital space. Look at it as your brand in the digispace.
While hosting is giving that your unique identity a place (take it like you're renting an office space).

A domain is a name or a symbol that can be used to identify your website, when people are interested in your website they have to type in the name that signify your website on the search engine. I don't really know much about it and that.😁😁👆👆😁

if you don't know how, it's better to pay a boy to make everything beautiful for you, especially if you want to make a presentative site for a project / company, etc.

it is not so easy to make a site.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back