What's new

Domain investing the do’s and the don’ts?

Dot

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
May 1, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes

Do's
Dont's
  • Before registering any domains make sure it passes the Radio Test
  • Check the history of the domain. (Archive.org. Domainhistory.net
  • Research your niche
  • Check recent sales at Namebio.com

• Read read and read more about what is trending/ has the potential to trend.
  • Avoid lengthy domains (15 Characters and below)
  • Practice patience. Is a very important virtue in online business.
  • Be part of a forum/network. You cannot succeed or get clients alone.
  • Just like buying a laptop, or TV or phone, you need a guide of some sort.
  • Don't start registering domains before learning about the specific niche
  • Don't Cybersquat domains.
  • Don't register Trademark domains
  • DONT buy spammy backlinks. Build your backlinks organically.
  • DONT follow someone else strategy! Likely they're hiding the secret ingredient. make your own strategy.
  • Dont be afraid to bid in auctions.

Help us build up some do’s and don’ts for beginner domain investors. Have some Do's and Dont's fill free to post below and I will add them to the list.

Last edited:
✅ Read read and read more about what is trending/ has the potential to trend.
✅ Avoid lengthy domains (15 Characters and below)
✅ Practice patience. Is a very important virtue in online business.
✅ Be part of a forum/network. You cannot succeed or get clients alone.
✅ Just like buying a laptop, or TV or phone, you need a guide of some sort.

❌ DONT buy spammy backlinks. Build your backlinks organically.
❌ DONT follow someone else strategy! Likely they're hiding the secret ingredient. make your own strategy.
❌ Dont be afraid to bid in auctions.

Some great points! I bought a Discord related domain for less than $5 and sold it for $200 a few months later. I recently bought a Twitch related domain and I have no doubt that it will sell for profit.

Domaining is a tough deal unless you got some serious inventory. I mean, you need stuff like 3 letter .coms and the like. Anyhow, one way around this dilemma is to have a list of domain buyers. However, a biz list for this stuff, just like one for anything, is hard work for sure.

In domain investing, knowledge is more important than having the capital available. When you fail to read and stay updated with trends, it would be difficult to succeed in domain business.

Domain Business is one of the best online business any one can venture into and make some good amount of money from it. I bough a domain with rich keywords namecheap at $9 and sold it at $350 on DAN market place

Great thread about buying domains. You made me to believe that, before registering any domain I should first of all learn and study the niche that I'm planning to get into. So that the domain and niche won't go different and out of shape.

Domain Business is one of the best online business any one can venture into and make some good amount of money from it. I bough a domain with rich keywords namecheap at $9 and sold it at $350 on DAN market place
Really? I should be learning from you about how to buy a great domain for a small price and sell it for a high price.
These days there are a lot of extensions available if one does not find a domain name of his choice, he switches to another extension. Therefore, domain selling is not lucrative as it used to be a couple of years ago.

I have checked many marketplaces and analyzed the domains that were sold for a high price. Most of these domains are old domains and they are one or two word domains. If you want to go into domain flippinh, be ready to renew for 3-5 yeara until you find a buyer.

It is very good for one to know the kind of domain that you want to register and it is very essential that you mostly register brandable domain names so that you can actually resell these domains at a very expensive price when you want to sell them.

Those are very valid points you have listed out for us there. Very good points for us to note down. Don't ever register a domain if you don't know the niche you're going to use it for.

Find the rating of the domain on alexa if it has a good rating on search engine optimization to know what people say about it in other website and cross check your niche.

Alexa is a site to check traffic, it does not provide rating for domains. If you are buying old domains, you can check the traffic and backlinks on semrush.

That's good to track the site traffic through semrush to know the kind of website I'm buying if its worth it or not. Buying a low level traffic site will push me working extra to increase its traffic and it isn't worth it.

Semrush can give you a lot of data not just traffic data, however, alexa is mostly for traffic data. Lower your alexa rank better is the traffic on your site.

Before buying a domain we should always read the don'ts and do's around it before going on buying. We should be direct, know the reasons for buying, and utilizing our domain for the main purpose.

Do's
Dont's
  • Before registering any domains make sure it passes the Radio Test
  • Check the history of the domain. (Archive.org. Domainhistory.net
  • Research your niche
  • Check recent sales at Namebio.com

• Read read and read more about what is trending/ has the potential to trend.
  • Avoid lengthy domains (15 Characters and below)
  • Practice patience. Is a very important virtue in online business.
  • Be part of a forum/network. You cannot succeed or get clients alone.
  • Just like buying a laptop, or TV or phone, you need a guide of some sort.
  • Don't start registering domains before learning about the specific niche
  • Don't Cybersquat domains.
  • Don't register Trademark domains
  • DONT buy spammy backlinks. Build your backlinks organically.
  • DONT follow someone else strategy! Likely they're hiding the secret ingredient. make your own strategy.
  • Dont be afraid to bid in auctions.

Help us build up some do’s and don’ts for beginner domain investors. Have some Do's and Dont's fill free to post below and I will add them to the list.
It's a good one for bringing this article here for we the beginner so we could know the best thing to do before thinking of buying a domain site for which ever purposes we are buying it for.

For some time now, i have been thinking of going into domains, tho i dont have any idea on it, this article would really help alot to make things easier.

Semrush can give you a lot of data not just traffic data, however, alexa is mostly for traffic data. Lower your alexa rank better is the traffic on your site.
Both Alexa, and Semrush is just unique in their own way since they provide the record to track the data traffic of a website and keep up to date everyday.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back