Domain investing the do’s and the don’ts?

Steven

Familiar Face
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Domain investing the do’s and the don’ts?

Do's
Dont's
  • Before registering any domains make sure it passes the Radio Test
  • Check the history of the domain. (Archive.org. Domainhistory.net
  • Research your niche
  • Check recent sales at Namebio.com

• Read read and read more about what is trending/ has the potential to trend.
  • Avoid lengthy domains (15 Characters and below)
  • Practice patience. Is a very important virtue in online business.
  • Be part of a forum/network. You cannot succeed or get clients alone.
  • Just like buying a laptop, or TV or phone, you need a guide of some sort.
  • Don't start registering domains before learning about the specific niche
  • Don't Cybersquat domains.
  • Don't register Trademark domains
  • DONT buy spammy backlinks. Build your backlinks organically.
  • DONT follow someone else strategy! Likely they're hiding the secret ingredient. make your own strategy.
  • Dont be afraid to bid in auctions.

Help us build up some do’s and don’ts for beginner domain investors. Have some Do's and Dont's fill free to post below and I will add them to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

bomb

Premium Member
VIP Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
✅ Read read and read more about what is trending/ has the potential to trend.
✅ Avoid lengthy domains (15 Characters and below)
✅ Practice patience. Is a very important virtue in online business.
✅ Be part of a forum/network. You cannot succeed or get clients alone.
✅ Just like buying a laptop, or TV or phone, you need a guide of some sort.

❌ DONT buy spammy backlinks. Build your backlinks organically.
❌ DONT follow someone else strategy! Likely they're hiding the secret ingredient. make your own strategy.
❌ Dont be afraid to bid in auctions.

ARx182

Acquaintance
BizNotes
Some great points! I bought a Discord related domain for less than $5 and sold it for $200 a few months later. I recently bought a Twitch related domain and I have no doubt that it will sell for profit.

jyy

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Domaining is a tough deal unless you got some serious inventory. I mean, you need stuff like 3 letter .coms and the like. Anyhow, one way around this dilemma is to have a list of domain buyers. However, a biz list for this stuff, just like one for anything, is hard work for sure.

Bookwormlux

An Assurance Of God's Saving Grace!!!
Verified Poster
BizNotes
In domain investing, knowledge is more important than having the capital available. When you fail to read and stay updated with trends, it would be difficult to succeed in domain business.

Nurudeen

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Domain Business is one of the best online business any one can venture into and make some good amount of money from it. I bough a domain with rich keywords namecheap at $9 and sold it at $350 on DAN market place

Sincerem

Premium Member
VIP Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Great thread about buying domains. You made me to believe that, before registering any domain I should first of all learn and study the niche that I'm planning to get into. So that the domain and niche won't go different and out of shape.

Mika

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Domain Business is one of the best online business any one can venture into and make some good amount of money from it. I bough a domain with rich keywords namecheap at $9 and sold it at $350 on DAN market place
Really? I should be learning from you about how to buy a great domain for a small price and sell it for a high price.
These days there are a lot of extensions available if one does not find a domain name of his choice, he switches to another extension. Therefore, domain selling is not lucrative as it used to be a couple of years ago.

Nomad

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
I have checked many marketplaces and analyzed the domains that were sold for a high price. Most of these domains are old domains and they are one or two word domains. If you want to go into domain flippinh, be ready to renew for 3-5 yeara until you find a buyer.

AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.