Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I have always wondered how traffic from VPN sources count towards traffic and monetization. I figure it still counts like any other traffic, but does it affect anything like where your audience is coming from?

Do VPNs cause any issues with traffic?

I wouldn't say that users who use VPNs do not get counted in the traffic that hits your site but it more than likely would change the area your audience is coming from. For example, if someone in the UK was using a VPN to say they were in the US, I would think the traffic would still count but it would say that specific visit was from the US rather than from the UK. That would be the only kind of issue I would see but whether it would affect your traffic badly, I am not sure.

I have always wondered how traffic from VPN sources count towards traffic and monetization. I figure it still counts like any other traffic, but does it affect anything like where your audience is coming from?

Yes, traffic from VPNs count. However, the accuracy of traffic analytics may be affected by the use of a VPN, as the IP address of the user may not be accurately reported. Also, some VPN providers may block requests from analytics to count as traffic. It is important to check with the traffic analytics provider to ensure that traffic from VPNs are accurately counted

Some Ad networks and traffic analytics do take note of traffic from VPN, however, if there are clicks on your ads from the users using VPN< your ad network might send you a reminder about your traffic. Some ad networks do not display ads when VPN is used.

i believe it does not count with my experience from cpa networks, they usually have a way of knowing where they are coming from, but i do not know for website traffic because i have not paid much attention to it.

Yes, traffic through VPNs can contribute to website metrics like page views and visits, however certain analytics packages may filter it out. Also, VPN traffic has the potential to increase your website's SEO rankings by making it appear higher in search engine results.

As long as the person using the VPN is able to access the website, I have a feeling that the traffic is surely going to come even though some website are against the usage of VPN

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back