What's new

Does people really get sued for cyber bullying?

Castelione

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Mar 17, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Cyber bullying is rampant nowadays but does people really get sued for committing one? Because I think it’s a bit hard to trace who’s the account owner sometimes tho I don’t really knowing how they do it.

Cyber bullying is rampant nowadays but does people really get sued for committing one? Because I think it’s a bit hard to trace who’s the account owner sometimes tho I don’t really knowing how they do it.
With the advent of social media, people found a whole new way to bully people. No longer is bullying confined to the classroom. Now, people can pick on people they don’t even know. With the click of a mouse or the stroke of a keyboard, people can ruin other people’s lives.

Sadly, some victims have actually killed themselves over the bullying. It’s usually not until this happens that we hear about it on the news.

Such cyberbullying must be sued, but most people ignore it, don't complain, or suffer alone.

For instance, I've seen many celebrities' comment sections full of bad comments (showing hatred and disrespect), but I often wonder why people don't block them or complain about them. That's really strange. I think they don't want to get involved in legal procedures, which is why they try to let it go.

Exactly what I thought. Celebrities are really always being bullied online and it already seems normal nowadays, which is awful because we don’t know if the bullies were sued.

The effects of cyberbullying also include mental health issues, increased stress and anxiety, depression, acting out violently, and low self-esteem. Cyberbullying can also result in long-lasting emotional effects, even if the bullying has stopped.

With the advent of social media, people found a whole new way to bully people. No longer is bullying confined to the classroom. Now, people can pick on people they don’t even know. With the click of a mouse or the stroke of a keyboard, people can ruin other people’s lives

No this does not happen. What can happen though is a defamation lawsuit if you publicly ruin someone's image or business. This is what happened to that kid who was marked as a terrorist when that Native American was getting in his face. I can't remember the state it happened in but he sued every major news outlet for defamation and won.

That's a major issue with the act - the fact that a lot of people do not get to be easily traceable. There are a lot of untraceable accounts flying everywhere over the internet.

The advent of social media has really made reaching out and communication very easy,but some persons use this medium to bully others online just because they might not be easily traced.

Just of recent in my country a student was arrested for bullying the wife of our president on social media; Twitter and was judged according to law.

Cyber bullying is absolutely a crime Andi think it is punishable by law.
I know of folks that sued some people that bullied them, and they were charged alot by the police.

Just of recent in my country a student was arrested for bullying the wife of our president on social media; Twitter and was judged according to law.
this is very bad and coming from the wife of the president it is very shameful and despicable and the government should bow there heard in shame for this kind of vile action.

this is very bad and coming from the wife of the president it is very shameful and despicable and the government should bow there heard in shame for this kind of vile action.

I think that a person could get sued and tried in the court for that. It all depends on the laws and regulations in the country. Some countries have strict policies against cyberbullying.

I think that a person could get sued and tried in the court for that. It all depends on the laws and regulations in the country. Some countries have strict policies against cyberbullying.
I decided to do my own research concerning this topic and I did not see it as any form of cyber bullying but he was starting the obvious and he gets purnished for that.

It is possible to sue someone for cyberbullying. Cyberbullying can manifest in many ways, including sending abusive or menacing comments online and publishing images or videos digitally without the target's permission. A person may face civil or criminal accusations, including litigation, if it is determined that their acts broke the law.

It is possible to sue someone for cyberbullying. Cyberbullying can manifest in many ways, including sending abusive or menacing comments online and publishing images or videos digitally without the target's permission. A person may face civil or criminal accusations, including litigation, if it is determined that their acts broke the law.
there are new laws that have been put in place that is against cyber bullying and you can be prosecuted for it but i do not believe it is in every country of the world at the moment.

I have heard news of people being arrested for Cyber bullying here in my country. They can easily be tracked by the law enforces if they actually try to do it.

I don't understand how they would be tracked. With their IP address? If it was possible, we would have tracked the creators of all these ponzi schemes and arrested them. Cyber bullying is not actually a good thing though.

Cyberbullying is very common as you have said and some people get sued with it if they are caught but the problem is to catch them because they seem to be very hard to catch

Cyberbullying is very common as you have said and some people get sued with it if they are caught but the problem is to catch them because they seem to be very hard to catch
Yeah. It would be challenging to detect them, I guess. So if you have no means to pay for investigation whatsoever, then there won’t be any good results for you.

Yeah. It would be challenging to detect them, I guess. So if you have no means to pay for investigation whatsoever, then there won’t be any good results for you.
That is true
Some people have lost a reasonable amount of money to that because they di not have any means of reporting the act or even trying to investigate the act like some people do.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back