What's new

Does pensioners affect country economy?

Pensioners do not in anyway possible affect a country's economy because a lot of them have contributed to the economy in diverse ways and they deserve aevery penny that is paid to them .

Yeah they help in giving the government short term monies that could be used in development but I don't quite agree with the fact that they spend less; in my opinion, I think they spend more than they produce.

On a personal perspective they are not affecting the economy in anyway because the money that is being paid to them was actually being withdrawn from their salary years ago. So technically they actually saved.

I don't think pensioners affect the economy of a country. Alot of peopke see pension as free money but is not the case. A certain amount is dedicated from the salaries of pensioners when they were working to make up their pension.

Some recent empirical studies have showed that pension funds' development has a positive impact on economic growth: see Davis (2002); Davis (2004). The effect is greater in developing countries than in developed ones: see Hu (2005); Davis and Hu (2008) .

Pensioners, can never affect the economy because these are people who have been in service, sacrifice their time and strength at their youthful age to make a better nation through their sacrifices in different dimensions.
The economy, can not be affected by pensioners gratuity because it's already specified in the national acts to meet up there needs. These are people who have worked for the better good of the state in various capacities.

Last edited:
Pensioners are meant to enjoy their pensions as rewards for spending their active life in service to their country either through the public or private sector. Another thing is that those monies were actually saved up in the course of their active service, so, I wouldn't think they would affect the economy in any negative way.
That is definitelly true about the issue of pension,because the monies that the government usually pay as pension on a monthly bases is what have been accumulating for years for them.

Do you believe that pensioners' funds were not withheld from their pay while they were still employed?
Pensioners ought to receive what they currently do once they stop working.
It is legal and has no bearing whatsoever on the economy.

Do you believe that pensioners' funds were not withheld from their pay while they were still employed?
Pensioners ought to receive what they currently do once they stop working.
It is legal and has no bearing whatsoever on the economy.
That's completely true, I think that only works for government workers, if you are working for the government that's when you'll receive your pension, that's why I don't like that idea.

Do you think pensioners money was not deducted from their salary while they were still working. Pensioners deserve to get what they are getting after they have finished working. It is there right and has no effect on the economy in any way.
That is just the fact,because there is no need to start looking at how the money that is rightly theirs will be affecting the economy of the country,it is what have been kept for them from their contribution.

Yes retirees pension affect countries economy positively. In Nigeria pension allowance are invested in some companies where they generate profit and pay the retirees, revenue is also taken out of the profit.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back