What's new

Do you trust websites that are for sale, financially speaking?

There are many online tools you can use to value a website. Some websites listed for sale have very high values base on their ranking, backlinks, traffic etc. Some of the tools to confirm a website value is semrush and wayback machine.
Definitely. Semrush is a very good to that you can use to check the value of a website before buying.
It is very important to check backlinks as you have stated, and also the kind of traffic the website gets.

Personally I won't trust such sites, especially if the prices Is abit cheap. The best would be for you to make proper research, find out those who has made purchase for the site before and their experience.

Seriously I don't really trust websites like that because there is fraud every where
Well website that are for sale shouldn't be trusted but but you should make sure you actually search for website for sales on platforms like GoDaddy that are quite trusted for you to buy a website from them instead of actually just going to order website to purchase website that are not legitimate.

Personally I cannot just buy a website that has been listed out for sell without doing my own personal research to understand more about it most especially the history of the website and what they did with the website initially this will give me a clear understanding if they are genuine or not.

Yes, there are a lot of sites there making their cool cash by selling domains and websites which has not been used for sometimes. This is another good way of making money

I can't trust anything call website for sale, it sounds weird at a point in this 21st century where most things like this can be achieved between a twinkle of an eye.

Website flipping is a real business and I have seen people make lots of profit doing this. But the issue of selling Website that already as traffic is too good to be true. Why would I decided to sell the website that already make nothing less than a $1000 in a month.

How much do you trust stuff from Flippa etc..? Myself, I really don't trust a lot cause everything is "too good to be true". I mean, come on, if a site makes $1,000 a month, then the rule of thumb is you'd be paying $10,000 at the least.

Anyway, things to look for are the sources of traffic, visitor numbers etc.. Also, don't trust reviews cause I'm guessing it could be a gang that knows each other - giving fake reviews.
Well, since i do not know much about their operations, i won't trust them.
Most of those websites to be sold are fake or have one huge challenge or the other.
And just like you said, their reviews may be fake.

How much do you trust stuff from Flippa etc..? Myself, I really don't trust a lot cause everything is "too good to be true". I mean, come on, if a site makes $1,000 a month, then the rule of thumb is you'd be paying $10,000 at the least.

Anyway, things to look for are the sources of traffic, visitor numbers etc.. Also, don't trust reviews cause I'm guessing it could be a gang that knows each other - giving fake reviews.
Well, I think this post is for those who like to be buying a ready-made website because I see no reason why they can't learn or hire a professional to create their website for them and advertise it on so many social media with time they start having much traffic on it.

Buying a second-hand website might have its own advantages and disadvantages. You might be looked down upon by many people if you buy a domain that was previously owned by a scammer.

Yes, there are a lot of websites out there that make money by selling domains and websites that haven't been used in a while. This is an excellent technique to make money as well.
Post automatically merged:

Key performance indicators may not always accurately predict a company's success. However, as the name implies, it displays the performance of your firm to a reasonable extent. In the end, good performance will lead to success in anything you do. As a result, KPI is quite important.

Last edited:
In as much as he is particularly nothing wrong with selling off a site I am very worried on what the sides is known for and whether it has been used for scam that if it is in the past or not.

There are some websites that are genuine on the platform which are available for sales. The owner may need urgent cash and one of the way to respond is to sell their profitable website. You just need to do due diligence before you go ahead to buy a website on the platform.

You really have to be careful here because most of them are not really trusted in anyway ,and most of them will not always says the truth, you may even be at risk of being scam that is why you need to do your own personal research to understand whatever deal you are doing online.

The important thing is to do your research because trust shouldn't even be considered here. It is easy to present a lie as the truth where money is concerned.
This is actually something that a lot of people get very wrong when they are trying to purchase something by not conducting a very detailed research to make sure that thing is not a scam.

If a website is actually capable of making $1000 in a month then the real question is why in the world would the website owner wants to sell such profitable website?

Before buying a domain ,I will check if it have been used for scam and others ,so I won't be in deep issue ,that would be the actual problem in it ,I don't want to buy a domain that I will have issue with after using it

I rarely trust sites that focus on just selling other sites, as people are willing to drop unneeded money into a site that most likely won't earn back the amount you spend into the purchase of said site anyways. I don't see many sites that tell the truth about income on those sites. Sure, a site might actually be earning what the owner says it is earning, but is the earnings all recent? Or is it spread out on a monthly basis, that is easier to see spikes?

I agree with you. However, there are certain cases where the site owner is simply selling the site because he or she needs money. There are many such cases. However, it is always important to consider various factors before you buy a site. I think it is important to assess the amount of traffic a website attracts before buying the site.

As far as the sites will meet my needs and urgency,then I will go for it, atleast the benefit of doubt that I am not starting from scratch, and also getting regular updates.
It is actually very important that when it comes to purchasing website that it's from the best sources where you are going to be guaranteed that you're not dealing with scammers who will sell you what they are not supposed to sell you.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back