What's new

Do you trust websites that are for sale, financially speaking?

jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
How much do you trust stuff from Flippa etc..? Myself, I really don't trust a lot cause everything is "too good to be true". I mean, come on, if a site makes $1,000 a month, then the rule of thumb is you'd be paying $10,000 at the least.

Anyway, things to look for are the sources of traffic, visitor numbers etc.. Also, don't trust reviews cause I'm guessing it could be a gang that knows each other - giving fake reviews.

I rarely trust sites that focus on just selling other sites, as people are willing to drop unneeded money into a site that most likely won't earn back the amount you spend into the purchase of said site anyways. I don't see many sites that tell the truth about income on those sites. Sure, a site might actually be earning what the owner says it is earning, but is the earnings all recent? Or is it spread out on a monthly basis, that is easier to see spikes?

I have heard good things about Flippa but it's usually not very affordable. The domain I own mind piff was put up on flipp for a fair amount in the past before I owned it. I personally went to expireddomains.net and got the domain after it expired. Which is a very neat trick for getting domain names that are valuable but not having to pay a lot. I paid a $1 and later found it on flippa from years in the past for a decent bit.

I think a legit website owner will only sell his website for a good price. Like for example if the website produces 100$ monthly surely he wouldn't be selling it for a couple hundred dollars. He will ask at least a couple thousand dollars for it. Because that person has worked to build that website and he wouldn't sell it for a price that's not worth it. That's why if something looks too good to be true, it probably is that way

How much do you trust stuff from Flippa etc..? Myself, I really don't trust a lot cause everything is "too good to be true". I mean, come on, if a site makes $1,000 a month, then the rule of thumb is you'd be paying $10,000 at the least.

Anyway, things to look for are the sources of traffic, visitor numbers etc.. Also, don't trust reviews cause I'm guessing it could be a gang that knows each other - giving fake reviews.
If the websites are selling them, it is for some reason, which must be studied and evaluated. And it will not be for an insignificant amount, and to get to where they are right now, it has cost them. On the other hand, Flippa among others, is not to be trusted, in my way of seeing things, they can be as you say, false reviews.

The important thing is to do your research because trust shouldn't even be considered here. It is easy to present a lie as the truth where money is concerned.

I've heard good reviews from flippa and sites like that, what I can say is you need to be careful when investing in all these websites. Do extensive researches first

I don't see many sites that tell the truth about income on those sites. Sure, a site might actually be earning what the owner says it is earning.I personally went to expireddomains.net and got the domain after it expired.

When I first read about website flipping it made me wonder why people would buy a website. In the second place, why would a website owner sell his website. But that selling has money for the reason or maybe he has lost interest (like I had lost interest in my 3 blogs). Nevertheless I still believe that there are buyers for a website especially those that have a good amount of traffic. But for me, it would be better if we start from scratch and test our capability to improve the website in terms of traffic.

If you look at it critically, a site owner would not wan to sell his sites for just any how low price because if he really does earn that much then there won't be need to sell it in the first place at all. I do not rate all this sites that are created with the sole aim of marketing or selling other sites and they would never be sincere about the price at all.

The important thing is to do your research because trust shouldn't even be considered here. It is easy to present a lie as the truth where money is concerned.
It is true that the most important thing is to investigate and in this way get out of doubts, as there may be cases that really need to sell, perhaps for debts or emergencies, but even so it is better to investigate before investing and losing your capital.

I rarely trust sites that focus on just selling other sites, as people are willing to drop unneeded money into a site that most likely won't earn back the amount you spend into the purchase of said site anyways. I don't see many sites that tell the truth about income on those sites. Sure, a site might actually be earning what the owner says it is earning, but is the earnings all recent? Or is it spread out on a monthly basis, that is easier to see spikes?
As far as the sites will meet my needs and urgency,then I will go for it, atleast the benefit of doubt that I am not starting from scratch, and also getting regular updates.

There are many online tools you can use to value a website. Some websites listed for sale have very high values base on their ranking, backlinks, traffic etc. Some of the tools to confirm a website value is semrush and wayback machine.

Websites that are of value can be ascertained quickly with a lot of tools, and you can also get the reason why the owner wants to sell it. If I have confirmed as ll these indices then I have no reason not to trust the website.

Nope, I think it is important to double-check this website as well as a proper way to utilise it if they are legit as well. Overall I don't personally trust them.

I have seen a lot of people who sell websites before and let me tell you how. First they purchase the domain then use their skills to build the website and even go as far as adding some posts and articles to it and after sometime they sell it for a fee and make their money.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back