What's new

Do you think we'll be working all our lives?

I don't think that people will work through out their lives, because there is age one cannot be able to work again, when one is 70 year cannot be able to work again then you can retire.

Do you think we'll be working most of our lives? I want to retire young, but I may end up retiring in my 70s, and that doesn't give much time for retirement. I just don't want to work the majority of my life. I'm sure you all feel the same.
No, because older people have many health issues and can't do the things they used to do. I also really want to retire at such a young age; it sounds like a dream to me, but I don't think it will happen any time soon, unfortunately, but working for the rest of our lives sounds really depressing. We all want to retire someday, and the thought of not being able to do that upsets me.

My father says we can only stop working and rest when we die, I now realises that hes somehow right , even as old as he is , he's still giving his workers order in his farm , though he's no longer doing physical labour , but somehow he's still working,

If I am able to work from home and have an easy to manage income online, I don't mind working into my 70s. I just don't want to be working outside of the home at that age. I would like to be done at age 55 at the latest. My father still works and he is nearly 70 but he and my mother have massive amounts of debt. Between the two of them, they bring in 6k a month yet live like they are below the poverty line. It is sad. I don't want to end up like that.

As much as I would hate to retire late in life and not have much time to enjoy my retirement, with the way things are at the moment, it's looking as though that may be a reality for many.

I much like many others would love to retire at a young age but to be able to do that, you would need to ensure you had enough to retire and with the cost of living being how it is at the moment and the uncertainty surrounding so much all over the world, it's not a dream many may achieve at least not for now.

Do you think we'll be working most of our lives? I want to retire young, but I may end up retiring in my 70s, and that doesn't give much time for retirement. I just don't want to work the majority of my life. I'm sure you all feel the same.
There is a stage we will get to and we will not have enough strength to work again. This is why it is important to save money for our retirement so that we are not going to work throughout our lives.

Well honestly, I hope not to work all my life, I wish I could retire at an early age as 50 would be fine and would be more than proud, I do not want to be working at my 70 years to be honest, that is why we have to put our efforts in saving, investing and trying to earn more money to make that a reality.

I believe this is where investments to get passive income comes in. Working alone cannot give you the live you want or secure you financially when you retire. Have an investment that would keep generating passive income for you so even when you retire you still have money coming in.

We should not be working all the days of our lives. We should have time for refreshments as well. As all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Similarly, while we are working at adulthood, we should be making arrangements for our retirement plan at old age. We should be saving part of our incomes in pension schemes.

It depends on how you plan your own life. I have already stressed myself so much for me to endure stress into my later years. I am going to retire by 45 or latest 50. At that point, my investments should be paying off.

I definitely think the way, at least the United States, is set up we have to work until we are not able to anymore. It's frustrating that we won't have a period of time where we can perhaps just travel and retire and enjoy the better things.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back