What's new

Do you think sites that pay you take too much in return?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
There are many freelance sites to work on, and the majority of them get a cut of your sales. With fiverr, it's $1 I believe per $5, so every $5 you make, they take $1. So if you make $20 on an order, Fiverr gets $4, while you get $16. Not the greatest, but if you make a good living on fiverr, that pricing system isn't too bad.

But, do you agree with this? I am fine with them getting a cut. In reality, it's not that much of a cost. If you get good sales, the cut for them doesn't feel all that bad. It's just when you keep making only $5 or so on order where it feels like you're making less.

What do you think?

I think that is what business is all about. Those platforms have given opportunities to freelancers to get clients and they will in turn make profits off such opportunities, right?

It happens in all the businesses , not only in freelancing business. Even the cryptocurrency exchanges takes more than $1 fees for a transaction of a crypto which actually doesn't cost that much fees to send.

There are many freelance sites to work on, and the majority of them get a cut of your sales. With fiverr, it's $1 I believe per $5, so every $5 you make, they take $1. So if you make $20 on an order, Fiverr gets $4, while you get $16. Not the greatest, but if you make a good living on fiverr, that pricing system isn't too bad.

But, do you agree with this? I am fine with them getting a cut. In reality, it's not that much of a cost. If you get good sales, the cut for them doesn't feel all that bad. It's just when you keep making only $5 or so on order where it feels like you're making less.

What do you think?
I think they do, but one has to decide if you can accommodate the level of exploitation. It exists in all business, there is no work that doesn't take more than you give.

They're providing you the platform, the space and even the clients so you can't have a right to dictate terms to them - it's always the other way round. So, don't expect to earn same thing or have all the money to yourself.
But here on bizdustry, we're being helped as we're being paid for helping out here which is far

That's just how it is, you would have to be the one who would work hard to make sure your sales improve, because they also need their share to run the site and to make profit for themselves as well.

What do you think?
That is the way business ought to be, my friend was sharing something with me about how some site become scam, at first they will promise you huge amount of money as profit, so if you were not able to meet your target or they are not getting income from the site, they just have to close up

What do you think?
With what you just said that should be 20% and that is not too much for them to take in return because they will need money to maintain the website and they will also want to earn as they help you to get job

I have never really sat down to analyse exactly how these sites make their own money but then I believe that the amount that I am earning is ok to fit in exactly what I budgeted it for.

The sites that pay me do not really take much in return because they are serving as a medium of me earning, so I think that the percentage they get is ok.

I have really learnt something from your post above. Before now I did not know how much fiverr cuts for using their platform to make money. To me, I think this is fair enough as this cut will go for the maintenance or other logistics concerning the site for smooth business environment for the users of the platform. It is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

I think the cut is a fair one as far as I can tell. These freelancing platforms are into business that's why they are there not Charity. So, I don't think they pay less than they should be paying to their subscribers

Some, no doubt take much in return while some pay equally as you spend your time, most of the sites require determination and consistency to make some money

That is true because no one that own a company and also employed workers and allowed the worker to earn more than the company, I know is not possible.

It happens in all the businesses , not only in freelancing business. Even the cryptocurrency exchanges takes more than $1 fees for a transaction of a crypto which actually doesn't cost that much fees to send.

I have read about some cryptocurrency exchangers that do not charge any fees on crypto exchanges or transactions that take place in their systems. i have always wondered how they make money and sustain their platform.

It is normal. They take too much because time is not what anyone can be measured with money. The time and energy is something that is difficult to pay for in the right amount

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back