What's new

Do you think keeping a hidden section is a good idea for a forum?

Well I would say it completely depends on why these sections are there in the first place and what they are used for. Like the sections for admins I believe it is needed, that is where most places would be made on how to grow the site.

Some forums prefer to keep anonymous some comments bases on the guiding principle of the site that's if it's against it.

Yes and no. I answer because I'm not sure why your site would be based on; if you don't have any contradictory content, then you can keep all sections open but if you do, you might want to keep those sections private.

I can see that I have a fair number of success with SEO. I have a niche website which is about six month and I have managed to rank over hundred keyword on the first page of Google in the niche without using any paid software for keyword research.

I honestly don't see the need for a hidden section. I mean why make some parts hidden when it's forum and should be accessible by others. The only hidden section that is understandable is the staffs section.

It could be a good idea depending on what your goal was from the beginning.
By hiding topics, uou can control which topics users can access at different times throughout the course.

I am sure many forums got these sections.
I am talking about spam sections, VIP sections, staff sections etc., There are many forums which try to give access only to a few members, for these sections.
Do you think it's a good idea? I am sure crawlers can't access them most of the time anyway.
They are added in the statistics but they are not accessible. I am sure that's not a good thing to do.
Whether or not to preserve a hidden area on a forum should be determined by the forum community's individual aims and values, as well as whether the benefits of hidden content exceed the possible drawbacks of limiting discussion and openness.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back