What's new

Do you think it is better to learn programming hands on or through school?

cyberdog22

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Nov 1, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know some people who know all about programming, coding, everything and never went to college. I also know people who did go to college for this career path and don't know anything outside of programming and coding for specific OS, like Windows.

Do you think it is better to learn something like this hand on, from home or are you better off going to college/trade school for it?

Thorough school is probably the better way sine you'll know exactly what you need to learn but in my opinion school takes more time then learning it on yourself alone. Because in school you only get limited amounts of hours of practice

It is easy any choice you do, it s not hard to learn either ways

It is easy any choice you do, it s not hard to learn either ways
That's true but I think through school it's probably easier because there you have teachers that can explain to you when you do something wrong while if you learn it on your own you'll have to solve all problems by yourself

Learning programming in school is still the best. Though hand on at home offers time for enough practice but you get to learn the basics easily at school and practice at home. Moreover you can ask questions in school

It depends on which work for you. Some people like learning by themselves in their comfort zone while some other would prepare team work and the open class session. I did my hands-on and I really enjoyed it.

I know some people who know all about programming, coding, everything and never went to college. I also know people who did go to college for this career path and don't know anything outside of programming and coding for specific OS, like Windows.

Do you think it is better to learn something like this hand on, from home or are you better off going to college/trade school for it?
I think that it's because of interest that a person learn any skill . So it doesn't matter if he learn online or he have to go college or any instructional school

In college, you are also taught other important aspects like system analysis, networking, DBMS, computer ethics and professionalism, system verification and validation. If you really want to learn programing, the first thing you should realize is that there is big difference between learning computer science in the college and being self-taught

Going to college for programming and coding isn't the best decision to make at all. Why is aid this is because they mostly deal with theory in college without giving out the practical aspect of it. My friend went to college to study computer science and graduated without knowing how to code untill he went outside to learn it

This depends on the situation on the ground. If it happens that there is a modern computer college in your in which they teach with enough practical. I will advise you to enrol into that school. Avoid the one that sell only certificate just by setting up computer school. You can choose to learn it on your own if you don't have time to attend school. I have a friend who is one of the leading website builders in my city, he learn everything from the scratch by himself.

Going through school might be quite slow and one cannot learn until the school deems it fit that it is the right time to do so. Learning hands on will be better because you can learn at your own convenience as it will help you learn well. Programming is easier to learn when you get the right atmosphere to learn it

Some aspects of programming especially some of the basics can be learnt via youtube and other online video platforms while the advanced aspect may be learnt through an aspect who is able to practicalise a lot of instances. You need not be a tech savvy to easily understand and use programming softwares, some great creativity would suffice.

It depends, school is not meant to teach you how to program , its meant to teach you how to think so that you learn for yourself and depend on your self and your skills, if that isn't happening where you study you may want to consider self-teaching , and there's nothing wrong with it, i would recommend staying away from online courses/videos if you can , since they wouldn't really scale your skill anyways

Talking of learning programming,we have to consider the nation or the government of the nation contribution towards the education of the people. In a country like Nigeria I would advise that it's better to learn from home before going to the college.

If we are to isolate both, then I will pick learning it on your own. Programing require time and dedication, most universities in my country are overpopulation, during practicals you will see multiple students on one computer system, the ones that have laptops cannot get the attention of the lecturer. So the few that happens to become good had to do extra work themselves.

It depends on the person learning actually, both path is good. In school u learn from scratch and every other things pertaining the course although u also learn wat did not benefit u in any way also. But like I said it depends on the person ability and dedication.

Some people have God gifted ability to learn by himself.But the things a teacher teaches you,you will never learn that one by himself.
By doing programing by hands,you might make mistakes,that you will never know or left as it.
But at school,you learn how to avoid mistakes and they fix them.

Lol I honestly don't believe college will teach you the best version, especially when it comes to computer related courses except if the college is top tier. It is better to learn outside of college and focus on a different area of study while in college.

And while it's hard to imagine a young mind learning something seemingly complex, creating code for kids is a reality - thanks to the many coding summer camps, websites, coding tutors, after-school programs and toys, coding is quite digestible. May be.

Also outline the benefits, define key terms, study the examples, choose the language and get started!

hold on. What is easy coding? Coding is how we interact with computers, and what we use to create and run websites, apps, games, and more.

The both of learning programming hands and through school are good but it just depends on the environment or situation of a person that will determine where to get a knowledge about programming. But if you have privilege to enroll to school to learn it and when you are at home keep practicalize it.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back