What's new

Do you think it is better to learn programming hands on or through school?

I think it is better to learn programming in a school. This is because in a school there is better learning environment with classmates you are learning with and examinations with systems to grade your performance. You can't have all these by learning programming all by yourself at home.

If you can afford time and money to go to school, then it would be a lot better, i can guarantee you that, in school, you have teachers to guide you and help you dolve issues instantly, unlike learning alone where you don't know from where to start

Based on my experience a newcomer should learn programming in school so he could get the basic for a solid foundation. I learned flowcharting in the school and our instructor said that if we are good in the flowchart then we can easily become a good programmer. When I studied my 2nd programming language I just read the manual because the only difference is the coding. Even when I learned Pascal for the small computer there was not much difference so I learned hands-on. By the way, my first 2 programming languages were for the mainframe.

I know some people who know all about programming, coding, everything and never went to college. I also know people who did go to college for this career path and don't know anything outside of programming and coding for specific OS, like Windows.

Do you think it is better to learn something like this hand on, from home or are you better off going to college/trade school for it?
Learning programing at school will only give you tip of the iceberg. Learning programing at hand or from someone who is good at it. A good programmer, you will learn both practical and theory. Learning at hand is better than going to school to learn it

I think you can learn programming and can become a better programmer only by attending a programming schools. These days a lot of people are trying to self learn programming or through online course, but I am not very hopeful

I know some people who know all about programming, coding, everything and never went to college. I also know people who did go to college for this career path and don't know anything outside of programming and coding for specific OS, like Windows.

Do you think it is better to learn something like this hand on, from home or are you better off going to college/trade school for it?
I think its better to learn programming , coding and everything both in school and programming hand, because if you can combine the programming you leatned in school and the one you learned by hand together , you will be a genius because school programming has its benefits while the one you learned by hand also has it benefits.

The best way for one to learn programming is through the hands-on process because you'll be guided practically and you will be shown how the programming system works instead of school whereby you will be taught the theoretical aspect of it more than the practical aspect of it.

Most of the expert programmers I've come across acquired their knowledge hands on. In fact, some of those went to school were already expert before further their education to study programming. What matters here is the individual interest.

For anything techy, it is of better advantage to go to school and mix with people and gain ideas and still have a personal time for hands on learning to perfect the talent.

Going to a school and learning programming is a proper way to learn programming because the instructor will teach you step by step. But you can also try yourself.

Getting adequate knowledge is a function of the personell and the resource persons that are involve in the transfer of knowledge.school is far more better,though it will take you more time,they'll take you through the rudiment and varieties of seasoned lecturers are on hand to guide you and you'll learn from their experience as well.

I don't understand what you mean by the word 'home'. is it learning programming from Youtube at home or what? When I was learning programming, I neither learned it from school nor home. Though, I was certified (given a certificate).

It actually depends, if the school is a tested and trusted school and you are sure that you have seen people been successful in the scholl then you should consider it but if othewise then you should learn yourself with help from YouTube.

As for me I prefer learning programming hand on to through school. Though school is OK because they teach in full details but it's not good as for me. They don't practicalise what they teach us which is not OK. If not because of private teacher and mentor I have, perhaps I wouldn't have known anything in programming.

It is easy any choice you do, it s not hard to learn ei
Programming is difficult to learn depending on the location where the learning takes place. There is less time to practice in school because you will be compelled to take borrowed courses which could take much of your time. On the other hand, if you learn outside the school, you will surely have more time to practice because you will focus only on programming.

I think it would all boil down to how the person prefers to learn and which one would offer the best value for money for the person in concern.

Hands of course ! New updates come everyday but schooling is stagnant you can’t get everything through school but then again the disadvantage is you can’t get an office job !

You can enroll in a programming school (online or offline) or learn coding. Whether you should join online school or offline school depends on your ability to pay fees and the time you have. Online schools are cheaper compared to offline programming schools.

The best way to learn programming is to go for a paid course and learn it once and for all. Programming is very technical and complex so learning it with DIY will take it long

Learning programming through schools or personal tutors might actually be the best way or then not many people can afford the luxury of that time and many people want to learn at their own pace..

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back