What's new

Do you request work report from your staff?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
I have worked for a forum owner who usually ask me to submit my monthly work report using Google sheet before getting my payment.

I keep wondering why he requests for it when he can go over all my work on the forum through the Admin/mod log on the forum?

Do you think that it's necessary to request for work report from your staff before paying them?

It is very necessary to ask for even weekly report. This is very necessary because it enables the workers to be accountable for whatever step he/she has taking in the past weeks or months. It creates fear of effectiveness and efficiencies in the workers. It also enables the employers to know how effective and efficient the worker is.

We have both weekly and monthly reports as mandatory. I do think it's a good idea and honestly, I don't mind submitting them. The way it works is we simply export Asana to Excel (the whole project, or just daily tasks, it depends) so it doesn't take a lot of time. And I glance at these Excel files from time to time, it's all there, so I don't have to dig around when I need to find something.

I do not have a lot of staff, in fact I do not have a regular staff. I hire staff as needed only for a short term and I am responsible to track his or her work and pay accordingly. I do not put a lot of stress on the staff.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back