What's new

Do you remember when you first got the internet installed?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
The internet has been around for a while with dial-up being the very first internet many of us were introduced to before we started getting the broadband that we know now that many people have nowadays.

I remember when I was 13 years old, my family had dial-up internet installed so it was a case of you having to share and take turns on who would use the internet at the time as only one person could be on at a time. If you were on the phone, you had to wait until the phone call was finished before you could use the dial-up connection or you would disconnect the call.
It wasn't until I was 14 if I remember rightly which would have been 2000 before my family got broadband installed as our internet which meant we didn't have the worry of phone calls preventing us from being on the internet.

I think we first got dial-up around 1997 or 1998. I know we had dial-up when the Dreamcast launched by the time 1999 rolled around, then we got Broadband a little bit later. I remember having to wait to do anything online while my parents were using the phone, which is why i think my dad jumped on broadband as quick as he did as it'd free up the phone line.

The internet has been around for a while with dial-up being the very first internet many of us were introduced to before we started getting the broadband that we know now that many people have nowadays.

I remember when I was 13 years old, my family had dial-up internet installed so it was a case of you having to share and take turns on who would use the internet at the time as only one person could be on at a time. If you were on the phone, you had to wait until the phone call was finished before you could use the dial-up connection or you would disconnect the call.
It wasn't until I was 14 if I remember rightly which would have been 2000 before my family got broadband installed as our internet which meant we didn't have the worry of phone calls preventing us from being on the internet.

Yeah it was somewhere between 2000 - 2004 where we first got the internet installed. It was a dial-up internet. I still remember we used to put username and password in it after that it would connect. Then we used to open Internet explorer where the google homepage used to take ages to load. We could see the loading progress at the bottom with tiny square green boxes filling a bar.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back