Do you really need one-on-one support?

jyy

BizNotes
The free company I use for one site - utilizes a forum for help. This is the trade-off for unlimited free hosting maybe. Anyway, I don't think a lot of people need much help, just like they don't for forum software etc.. Do you absolutely have to have one-on-one support?

Last edited:

Joshua Farrell

Community Administrator
Staff member
Management Team
Global Moderators
BizNotes
With me personally, I don't need direct one on one support, unless there is a major issue. Most of the time, I would rather ask publicly and wait for a good response, than ask privately and have to play the waiting game with support.

Empire

Power Of Love
BizNotes
It depends really, I know that major people wouldn't need help however you going to get those kinds of people who are new and or might not understand something, I think it does help if those people do need help that they get help :)

Me, I don't need much help but at times contacting them regards enable or changing something in the settings that you do not have the powers to do so on shared based hosting. Not many free-hosting gives you support anyway. But at times it's good to have it.

Last edited:

Claraviolet

BizNotes
If it's just a matter of using control panel to run a few queries, we don't need a one-to-one support.
Of course, it's a little easy for me as I am a software engineer. I know a few folks, who don't know anything and they pay a lot, to some developer to maintain their website. If something goes wrong, they wouldn't know what to do.

During those times, a one-to-one support is needed to such website owners as they wouldn't give out the FTP credentials to the developers.

Private conversations
Help Users