What's new

Do you put a watermark on your own photos?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to having any content online, it's a big risk as people love to steal. You will often see your own content on other sites, shared by other people and often claimed as someone else's.

Which brings me to us, and anyone running sites or whatever else we do. I have put pictures of my own on my sites in the past, and I later ended up catching other sites using them without citing me as the copyright owner.

Sadly this happens all too often. How do you combat it? Do you add watermarks or tags to your images so it shows it's made or copyright of yours?

I do not use watermarks but use tags to show that copying the same would be copyright violation. There is lot of content and pictures that are copied and represented as original content. The worst part is people stealing your ideas and marketing it as theirs.

Actually I don't use water marks on my pics often,I use it only when I want to impress my siblings and my girlfriend. But in time's of social media posting I don't use water marks

This is very necessary and I've seen that a lot of images used in advertising these days have watermarks and I'll not hesitate to do same because you can't trust those with bad intentions to not use them for fraudulent activities.

I used to think it was not necessary to watermark your pictures and videos, but I've seen where people even posted pictures of meals as their own, so it is necessary, especially if you want to build something long term.

Yes, you should for two reasons - protection and promotion. The main purpose of adding a watermark is to copyright your photos and prevent any attempts of theft. Stock photography companies use repetitive watermarks across their images in order to protect them. Watermark can also help with promoting your image.

Putting watermark on your photos might not be very necessary but to me, it makes the photo look nice. I do that sometimes but not all the time.

It depends. I used to do this when I used social media more as I know there are a lot of content thieves out there. I think it is more important to do with video these days.

When it comes to having any content online, it's a big risk as people love to steal. You will often see your own content on other sites, shared by other people and often claimed as someone else's.

Which brings me to us, and anyone running sites or whatever else we do. I have put pictures of my own on my sites in the past, and I later ended up catching other sites using them without citing me as the copyright owner.

Sadly this happens all too often. How do you combat it? Do you add watermarks or tags to your images so it shows it's made or copyright of yours?
It is ideal to add watermarks to photos because watermarks can help you recognize your images as yours if they are used without your explicit approval as well as enable you prohibit other individuals from utilizing your pictures without your permission. Furthermore, watermarks can help you stand out from other images and offer you an advantage when it comes to competition.

there is a page i am managing on facebook and it has to do with weight loss niche, if we do not watermark our pictures, other pages or group would still the picture and use it. so it is very important for us.

Actually I don't use water marks on my pics often,I use it only when I want to impress my siblings and my girlfriend. But in time's of social media posting I don't use water marks
I only take pictures of myself so I don't think there is any need to use watermark on my picture because it is my picture but people make use of water marks on their business picture

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back