What's new

Do you prefer to work with closed or open source software?

I don't work in a tech field neither do i own a tech business but i think i prefer an open source software to a closed source software. It seems more reliable.

For those of you who work in the tech field or own a tech business, do you prefer to work with closed source software or open source?

I am very much in favor of open source as it is more secure, cheaper, and more reliable.

Generally speaking, open source software is preferable because it is often free or low cost, and the code is transparent, meaning that anyone can inspect and modify the code to their needs. In addition, open source software has a vibrant community of developers who are continuously improving the software and providing support. Conversely, closed source software is usually more expensive, and the code is proprietary and not open to inspection or modification

I dont really know much about software's because I am not an engineer or a technicians , but I know a little about open source software because its easier and common .

I prefer to use both.

This is because I am always interested in trying out new things all the time.

This is the best way by which I get to know what is working more efficiently.
You can be employed in the technical field and you may be asked to choose any, sometimes they may not give opportunity for you to test and know what works for you .
They will believe that with your understanding you should know the one you are good at.

For those of you who work in the tech field or own a tech business, do you prefer to work with closed source software or open source?

I am very much in favor of open source as it is more secure, cheaper, and more reliable.
Personally, I like using open source software. Due to the increased number of eyeballs on the source code, software that is open-source is frequently more robust and is available for free.

Personally, I like using open source software. Due to the increased number of eyeballs on the source code, software that is open-source is frequently more robust and is available for free.

I would also prefer an open-source software as I feel like it is much more transparent as compared to other kinds of software. They are far much more safe and secure.

I think I love the open source. People will be able to access it easily. I personally dislike anything that does not give easy access to people who wants to visit a website.

I think I love the open source. People will be able to access it easily. I personally dislike anything that does not give easy access to people who wants to visit a website.

I think that many people prefer open-source software. However, when people cannot find such kind of software, they have to rely on any kind of software that they may be able to find online.

Open-source software promotes developer collaboration and creativity because it is frequently free to use and change. Also, by having numerous eyes examine the source code, security issues can be discovered rapidly. Furthermore, compared to closed-source software, open-source software frequently offers greater documentation and support.

I think that many people prefer open-source software. However, when people cannot find such kind of software, they have to rely on any kind of software that they may be able to find online.
That is true. We just have to work with anything we have available. The fact that we do not like the open source does not mean that we should not be able to work on the close source software

That is true. We just have to work with anything we have available. The fact that we do not like the open source does not mean that we should not be able to work on the close source software

I have used many software that are not open-source. However, when it comes to financial transactions, I would prefer to use an open-source software, especially cryptocurrency wallets.

I have used many software that are not open-source. However, when it comes to financial transactions, I would prefer to use an open-source software, especially cryptocurrency wallets.
I do not know so many things about website but I just know that open source will let you have an easy access to the information that you want to get on the platform

I do not know so many things about website but I just know that open source will let you have an easy access to the information that you want to get on the platform

Well, not all the software are open-source. having said that, I am sure that many people are not aware of what open-source actually means. they just use the software anyways.

Well, not all the software are open-source. having said that, I am sure that many people are not aware of what open-source actually means. they just use the software anyways.
You are right that it is not every software that makes use of the open source but we just have to work on those platforms basically because we do not have any choice.

I believe that the technology ecosystem is still in development and as such I will prefer to be working on open-source so that it is going to make more money and ensure other people's life is easier.

You are right that it is not every software that makes use of the open source but we just have to work on those platforms basically because we do not have any choice.

Currently, I am using a financial accounting software in order to manage my finances. However, I really do not know if it is an open-source software or not. I do not input any kind of sensitive information into it, though.

Currently, I am using a financial accounting software in order to manage my finances. However, I really do not know if it is an open-source software or not. I do not input any kind of sensitive information into it, though.
That is cool. I hope you make sure that you check if it is an open source or a closed source before you decide to input someone necessary informations in it.

With the little experience that I have with working using open source software, it's far more better to work it because it makes your work a lot more easier and efficient that using closed source software. Most companies that makes use of open source software do better in their work.

You can be employed in the technical field and you may be asked to choose any, sometimes they may not give opportunity for you to test and know what works for you .
They will believe that with your understanding you should know the one you are good at.
some platforms provide you with test and some other forms of screening which would prove to be helpful to you in making the right decision according to your ability.

I prefer working with open source software because I get to interact with a large audience, of which I like and get to see other people ideas and perspectives on things.

From my experience of making use of open-source software for a while, it gives me a better understanding and interaction with anything that I want to use it for which is why I prefer to make use of it all the time then with the closed-source software.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back