What's new

Do you prefer to be anonymous online?

It's only on few forums that I'm open to posting my real pictures. I don't think that I have posted my pictures on more than 2 forums. In so many others, I love to be anonymous and never uses my real name.

It's only on my social media accounts that I post my real pictures and use real name, although I don't post my pictures often.

I don't prefer to be anonymous online since I feel it creates a barrier between me and the people I'm interacting with.

I don't prefer to be anonymous online since I feel it creates a barrier between me and the people I'm interacting with.

As long as my anonymity doesn't affect how I work online, I don't bother about it. I think that it's only once or twice that a client asked me for my real name. I could have lied about it if I wanted but I didn't see any harm he would have caused with knowing my real name, so I had to tell him. Otherwise, the rest address me by my username.

Personally I prefer to maintain a degree of anonymity on the internet because we do not know who we may be dealing with, but if I have confidence with the person I am talking to or working I do not mind giving him some more personal information, it all depends.

Personally I prefer to maintain a degree of anonymity on the internet because we do not know who we may be dealing with, but if I have confidence with the person I am talking to or working I do not mind giving him some more personal information, it all depends.

Seriously, unless there's something that I'm going to lose for being anonymous online in terms of high financial value, I wouldn't care about never revealing anything about me online. A lot of things goes on online and one need to be very careful. Some people have all their data all over dark web without knowing they have been completely compromised.

Do you prefer to be anonymous when it comes to being online? Or are you okay with you identity being out there for everyone to know?

I'm kinda the same. But I do prefer to be anonymous for the most part.
I like being anonymous online too. I've been anonymous online in all of the forums which I've been using for years. No one knows my real identity online on forums which will remain the same way. I don't see any reason which is going to bring me to reveal my real self on message boards.

I like being anonymous online too. I've been anonymous online in all of the forums which I've been using for years. No one knows my real identity online on forums which will remain the same way. I don't see any reason which is going to bring me to reveal my real self on message boards.

It's a good thing that forums will never mandate anyone to use their personal details on the platform. In fact, forums will even warn you not to use any of your personal data on it because they will not be held responsible for whatever that happens.

When I started, I was using my real name, photo, and even location. But after I had bad experiences with multiple people and sites, I started being anonymous.

When I started, I was using my real name, photo, and even location. But after I had bad experiences with multiple people and sites, I started being anonymous.

I have been using my name, but I understand that there are forums that could have an issue with some people not having a good at how your real name sounds. So, they will tend to react somehow to you. So, unless your name is popular, using it can get you into trouble.

I recently got from someone I wanted to work on his forum which was hosted on Invision Community that my email address have been reported as a level 4 spammer in the community. This make it impossible for me to register on any Invision Community hosted forums. How I got reported is still very surprising to me.

I'm kinda the same. But I do prefer to be anonymous for the most part.

I'm the same. There have been people on Social Media that I knew that were offended by my views and they set out to make my life difficult just because of differing opinions. I have found that anonymity keeps that from happening. It sucks we live in a society where if you say the wrong thing, people get butt hurt and try to cancel you.

I have been using my name, but I understand that there are forums that could have an issue with some people not having a good at how your real name sounds. So, they will tend to react somehow to you. So, unless your name is popular, using it can get you into trouble.

Well for me, as long as the name isn't something that's bad and against the forum rules, it's definitely not going to cause any problems in my forum. Everyone have the right to use their names as long it's not something abusive or insulting in any way.

As much as I have in the past posted images of me online on forums, I tend to for the most part prefer to keep some form of anonymity regarding my personal life and who I am.

I never use my real name on forums and only those I have had dealings with know my name if they have needed to, other than that most just know me as Shortie and my chibi I use as my avatar.

I'm the same. There have been people on Social Media that I knew that were offended by my views and they set out to make my life difficult just because of differing opinions. I have found that anonymity keeps that from happening. It sucks we live in a society where if you say the wrong thing, people get butt hurt and try to cancel you.

Yeah, that's very correct. Most people are always very quick to cancel people because they feel like they have freedom of opinion and the lives of others need more scrutiny than their own. Unfortunately they are the ones that have so many skeleton in the cupboard to hide that whenever it gets exposed, they are going to disappear online completely without any trace.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back