What's new

Do you prefer managed or unmanaged hosting?

marteebee

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Mar 23, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I'm a lazy person so for me, I'm going straight to managed so that I don't have to do any of the extra work in keeping things up to date but I know the more technical people around here may want to manage things themselves. So when choosing your hosting, do you opt for the un-managed or managed options? I couldn't imagine budgeting the time aside to manage large server issues on top of everything else so kudos to those who do.

If you do opt for managing your own server, why do you that? What benefits does it give you?

Even when I did not have any idea on technical aspect of website hosting and website management, I chose unmanaged hosting. I chose unmanaged hosting because it as cheaper alternative compared to managed hosting

I'm a lazy person so for me, I'm going straight to managed so that I don't have to do any of the extra work in keeping things up to date but I know the more technical people around here may want to manage things themselves. So when choosing your hosting, do you opt for the un-managed or managed options? I couldn't imagine budgeting the time aside to manage large server issues on top of everything else so kudos to those who do.

If you do opt for managing your own server, why do you that? What benefits does it give you?
I prefer hands-off way of handling things, so that i can concentrate on what i can do best. Because of that, i prefer using managed server. It frees my time and allows me to concentrate on content development.

I mainly choose the unmanaged option ,because i know basically how hard it would be handing the hosting and most times i do forget some things that nedd to be done

I will pay someone to manage my account for me because the management one will be better than the unmanaged one.

I prefer a managed hosting because an unmanaged hosting won't allow the owner of the blog to control the data and other things on his or her blog and even the blog can go down at any time without you having to complain to any body since you are not paying for it

I prefer a managed hosting because an unmanaged hosting won't allow the owner of the blog to control the data and other things on his or her blog and even the blog can go down at any time without you having to complain to any body since you are not paying for it
Do you actually understand what is managed hosting and what is unmanaged hosting? managed hosting means the web hosting company manages you hosting account, where as unmanaged means you are in control.

Even anyone that does not have idea about managing a website or manage host can still I unmanage. But it is better and preferable to have a managed host

I will always go for a managed hosting website, this is because it is more organized And easier to use unlike a hosting website that is not properly organized.

I prefer managed hosting website because is has be organized and also is easier to use too, but is better and also preferable to have a managed host.

Yes I prefer sole proprietorship type of business than partnership type of business. I'm sole proprietorship type business, I get to choose my affairs as I think fit at any time unlike in partnership where I have to run everything through my partners

If I were to use a hosting services I would prefer in manage form of hosting of my website because I believe that it is more effective than an unmanaged hosting service.

Hosting is one of the most crucial aspects of any internet-based business. Giving your website solid foundations — such as the ability to withstand traffic surges and sidestep downtime — is just one of the many reasons it’s important to choose the right service.

In addition to the technical prowess of a host’s servers, considerations such as additional services and the level of customer support they offer are just as important. It’s safe to say that a good host will take a huge hosting burden off your shoulders, whereas a bad host — or even a relatively poor choice in hosting plan — can throw a pretty large wrench in the works of your site.
Managed Hosting is a hosting plan is made up of a number of different components, with the most basic being the server hardware itself. The server usually has an operating system installed and various kinds of software used for running websites.
In addition, hosting companies may also offer various services such as automated backups, malware scanning and removal, status monitoring, security sweeps, and more.
Unmanaged hosting is a hosting plan with no (or very few) additional services. With unmanaged hosting you may, for example, simply get a server with only an operating system installed. This means you’ll then need to install any necessary software on your own. (By ‘software’ I don’t only mean WordPress, Drupal or similar, but even base system software such as Apache or PHP.)

I dont really know much about these field, so i believe those with ideas would provide better answers. Tho am pretty sure both has its disadvantages and advantages, i think with that you can decide on which suits you best

Even though I do not have any experience and skills, I will go with unmamaged hosting becuase this is not only cheap but will also allow me to learn things.

I prefer a manged hosting where I don't have to be the one running here and there around my site doing all the work. Because I have a lot to personally take care of

I would go with the managed domain. Because this will get some tasks that am not good at off my hands and allow me to concentrate on what i do best. The technical stuff that comes with domain management can sometimes be very frustrating.

I will go for the one with lower cost
I will like to go for unmanaged hosting. This will allow me know more on website management. If I go for the managed website, I will be lazy and it may not be good for me because i wouldn't be able to do things for myself when there is a difficulty.

Managed servers are the most popular options for websites now and is better if you have the funds. You don't need to stress yourself much about the running of your website. If you don't have much money,you go for the cheaper option.

I think managed hosting is much better especially for a newbie like me and that area of business and venture and I will be venturing into it before the end of this year.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back