What's new

Do you need to put in a two weeks notice if you quite an online job?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Normally when you quit most jobs, you're required to put in a two-weeks notice up to the point. Which means you'll work your final two weeks and then you're done. But do you need to do the same when you work an online job? Or could you just move on after quitting and be done with it?

Normally when you quit most jobs, you're required to put in a two-weeks notice up to the point. Which means you'll work your final two weeks and then you're done. But do you need to do the same when you work an online job? Or could you just move on after quitting and be done with it?
It depends so much on what kind of company you're working for.
If it's more of a social GPTP platform with many members posting on a regular basis, I highly doubt the forum owner or Admin will hunt you down and yell at you 🤬 if you decide to quit, whether it be just taking a break or moving on to another online job or forum. Although, it would be nice if you dropped a quick note or post saying you're going offline for awhile or taking some time off from online work, something of that sort.

But if it's a site that has regular, daily or weekly work lined up for you and they depend on you to hit a certain deadline, then absolutely yes. You should give them the 2-week notice so they can give the rest of the work to another member or have time to find someone else.

If you work directly for a company, then yes I think it is something you should do. If you work for an individual and what you do is minor, then just telling them you are quitting is fine. I would not do this however if the person relies on you for web security and things of that nature. Allow them time to find someone to replace you.

If you work directly for a company, then yes I think it is something you should do. If you work for an individual and what you do is minor, then just telling them you are quitting is fine. I would not do this however if the person relies on you for web security and things of that nature. Allow them time to find someone to replace you.

Well, I think that it depends on the nature of the job. If you have signed a contract, then I think that you are obliged to inform your employers and tell them that you may not be available for the job.

To the best of my knowledge, it actually depends on the personality of the person who is actually a freelancer because there is nothing wrong with not even giving anyone update that you are going to quit working online as a freelancer.

When I do online jobs, it is basically a job contract. Once I deliver the job and get paid, I do not have any dealings with the client unless he hires me again. I have never done any online jobs where I am bound by a contract for the long term. I think this is the case with most online jobs. I do not see any possibility of any such notice.

Giving a two weeks notice will definitely depends on the nature of the job. If you are employed with regular pay or salary, it is proper you write a letter to inform the company of your movement..

Working online is a big different as there are times that quitting the job can be improptu and there is no rule with asking for a two weeks notice before you quit. It is left for the owner of a site or the role that you are doing to fix another person to handle the roles that you were previously handling there.

Giving a two weeks notice will definitely depends on the nature of the job. If you are employed with regular pay or salary, it is proper you write a letter to inform the company of your movement..

As far as I'm concerned, a work is a work. It doesn't matter if it's an online or offline work. Once you're employed by someone to work on contract and they are paying you, before you quit, you owe it telling them about your plans to quit. It's not a must for it to be 2 weeks anyways.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back