What's new

Do you need to go through behavior training before taking a job?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I know when I worked at a call center I had to do specific training. like work place rules, how to interact with co-workers and what not to do etc.

These were like little video courses where we had to go over sexual assault in the work place, bosses being bad, work relationships, racism and so on.

Did you ever have to watch these guides when you worked a new job?

Yes, I think some type of jobs require you going through behavioral training before you can be employed.
Especially for jobs that require interaction with customer especially customer support job or HR.

yes,it is very important expecially when you are working for someone ,whether service company or any investment, because you are rendering service to people, your behavior towards the people you are rendering service to, matters alot.

there are some jobs that going through a behavior training is very important and necessary, like been a police officer, you need to go through such training to serve the public better.

This is more in jobs that have to do with social interaction. Jobs where you have to attend to lots of people. You have to learn how to interact and manage people in different situations and scenarios.

I do not think this is necessary. I believe people do not change. if the person is short-tempered, no matter how many behavioral trainings he undergoes, he will continue to remain short-tempered.

I think this is necessary and important in the business venture. The reason is because it can have them to control their emotions when they are in a business environment. It is true that people hardly change but I think there is a need for it.

I do not think this is necessary. I believe people do not change. if the person is short-tempered, no matter how many behavioral trainings he undergoes, he will continue to remain short-tempered.
I would disagree with that. Continuous training changes people. I was a classic example of the example you sited. I was able to change because of the job I was doing at the time.

I know when I worked at a call center I had to do specific training. like work place rules, how to interact with co-workers and what not to do etc.

These were like little video courses where we had to go over sexual assault in the work place, bosses being bad, work relationships, racism and so on.

Did you ever have to watch these guides when you worked a new job?
Behaviour training is very important because people need to learn about self control before they decide to take a job because there are many things that will happen at the workplace

I would disagree with that. Continuous training changes people. I was a classic example of the example you sited. I was able to change because of the job I was doing at the time.
You can learn skills, and build your knowledge, you might even be trained to behave appropriately, but your character remains the same deep inside you. An arrogant person is always arrogant.

Training on appropriate behavior can be advantageous for both employers and employees. It can assist in defining expected corporate behavior and proper workplace conduct. Yet, depending on the business and the type of work, not all positions necessitate behavior training.

Actually not all jobs I believe but there are some jobs that require you to go through behavioral training before you can start.

Mostly such kind of jobs that has to do with people from different backgrounds etc.

this is another angle that needs to be considered as some behaviors are very hard for people to change and they can not just change over night and a method of removing them should be in place.

Actually sometimes it's very important to go through such kind of training before you start a job.

Though it's not all kind of jobs that behavioural training is necessary.

yes,it is very important expecially when you are working for someone ,whether service company or any investment, because you are rendering service to people, your behavior towards the people you are rendering service to, matters alot.
Character is everything in business and you would have to align your character to meet up with what the company requires. That's Why we have behavioral trainings.

People can pretend to change but they will not change, I mean their temperament will not change. However, I also believe people can train themselves to control their behavior for some time.

I believe it depends on the nature of the job though, there are some jobs where the manager or employer just simply let you start working, while there are others that make sure you go though specific kinds of teachings or training.

I believe it depends on the nature of the job though, there are some jobs where the manager or employer just simply let you start working, while there are others that make sure you go though specific kinds of teachings or training.
As a business owner it is always important and necessary to put your employees through some trainings if not they may not be able to work ethically. That is usually compulsory in some business ventures.

It depends on the job you want to do. If it's a job that has to with relating with people, then you might need to pass through behavior training before you start job. If you observed very well, you will see that majority salesperson, those working in marketing department, have similar characters. They smile at the workers, always calm when explaining things and others. That's the result of the training

Well I think it depends on the kind of business or jobs you are into.

There are some jobs that deals with direct interactions with people behaviour and if you are not trained, it will be very difficult to get what you want from them.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back