What's new

Do you need to be good at mathematics in order to learn programming?

Vladv26

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Mar 27, 2020
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Lots of people say you need to be very good at mathematics in order to be also good at programming? Is that completely true or just partially? Obviously you need to know some basics of mathematics at least but do you need to be very good at math?

I am doing bachelors in computer science , you don't need to be best in maths . But what you need to consider is in order to master it you need practice it a lot just like to master mathematics.

I am doing bachelors in computer science , you don't need to be best in maths . But what you need to consider is in order to master it you need practice it a lot just like to master mathematics.
I guess you can learn mathematics while you are also learning programming right?

I guess you can learn mathematics while you are also learning programming right?
Yes , maths is complementary while studying programming since you've to study Calculus , Multivariate Calculus , Differential Equations , Linear Algebra , Discrete Mathematics if you're obtaining your bachelors.

Not really depends what language of programming you want to learn, the connection between them it s only that you use your analytical mind for both

You need be at least average in mathematics. There’re some symbols in basic programming which are mathematical symbols. You need to know what they means and when to use them. Also you need to have knowledge of calculus(differential equations and integral)

To a large extent it is true. If you do well with mathematics you would go far in programming. However, that does not mean none mathematicians will not be able to code. I personally know few guys that code well but had nothing to do with maths.

If you're using someone's technology , you'd need average understanding to mathematics logic's , if you're up to inventing/creating something yourself, it is a necessity

You don't necessarily need to know mathematics before you can learn and do well with programming . You only need to use your analytical mind to do well with this .

Lots of people say you need to be very good at mathematics in order to be also good at programming? Is that completely true or just partially? Obviously you need to know some basics of mathematics at least but do you need to be very good at math?
You don't need to be good in mathematics it also depends on the type of programming you want to learn

Yes you can be a good programmer without having an in-depth knowledge of mathematics if you don't handle complex codes and programs. Low and medium complexity programs do not require maths.

Being good in mathematics does not Guarantee success in programming, its help though but now they are tutorials you can make you of that can widen your knowledge on programming and website designing

You don't need to be a numerical master to be acceptable at programming however you need a decent comprehension of essential math, explicitly insights. For instance, there are Python bundles with a few numerical capacities like mean, min, max, etc. In the event that you have an essential comprehension of math, you can create other required number related abilities in transit with training. Zero in on the use of math in projects, get factors, restrictive articulations and how to deal with special cases like separation by zero.

Math is also necessary to understand algorithms complexity, but you are not going to invent new algorithms, at least in the first few years of programming. ... Of course you need some basic math concepts, like calculus or algebra, or logic, but the very basics if it.

not that advanced math i'd say, i never needed advanced maths while working on programs, but you still have to think as a mathematician when you're dealing with a serious project, so you can avoid any expected bug

I know people who are not necessarily good at mathematics who are actually good programmer this just depends on diligent you are if you set your mind to it you can actually be a very good programmer without been good at mathematics all this things have to do with your state of mind

While it's probably useful to be competent in mathematics (advanced mathematics is part of this too), it's not the key to success. Your passion in learning and actually enjoying it is more of the driving factor.

Do you need to be good in mathematics before you learn programming? Well you need to the basics of mathematics before you can learn programming. Programming also have mathematics in it

I'm a computer Science student, it doesn't really necessary, just some basics, kike calculus, algebra, factorize and you good. What you need most in becoming a programer is consistent and committed.

I am a computer scientist and I must say having a sound mathematical knowledge will be an added advantage, because programming involves some modelling and logics which mathematical knowledge will aid but it not a must you go in depth on mathematics before you can start coding

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back