Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Do you guys like watching older movies, like old as in black and white and even silent movies. I ask because I have friends and family who can't get into older movies. But I'm a movie buff and I like to watch all I can.

With that being said, if you don't like older movies, why?

Do you guys like watching older movies, like old as in black and white and even silent movies. I ask because I have friends and family who can't get into older movies. But I'm a movie buff and I like to watch all I can.

With that being said, if you don't like older movies, why?
I usually don't watch movies, not even the older ones due to a lack of interest and my work routine. But I know people who love watching movies and long series but not the black and white ones.

What would you guys say is your favorite older movie? Lets say one that's really old, from the 70's and further. Unless you guys think 80s and up is old too? lol

My favorite older movie, would probably be Citizen Kane. or maybe Seven Samurai.

I do enjoy older films. I've watched films such as Alfred Hitchcock's movies that came out in perhaps the 40s? I also enjoy several movies from the 60s! One of my favorite movies is from 1938 called Bringing Up Baby and has Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn in it. I grew up raised by my grandmother and was lucky to be raised with such great films around me!

As long as those movies are the ones recommended by somebody that I trust to make a good choice, then why won't I watch it? It is a great way to ensure that I catch up with great old movies that still have that classic storyline. It doesn't matter how old the movies are, too.

I am the kind of person that is always of the habit of re-watching any old movie that is interesting because the time I watched the movie years ago, I will not have the level of understanding that I have today. So, whenever I am re-watching any old movie, I will enjoy it more than I did when I watched it years ago.

I love to watch older movies because I believe they were more content oriented hence, they used to have really strong plots. It always feels great to watch some classic movies, for me, love stories like A Walk to Remember, Titanic etc.

I love to watch older movies because I believe they were more content oriented hence, they used to have really strong plot. It's always feels great to watch some classic movies, for me, love stories like A Walk to Remember, Titanic etc.

This is something that I equally agreed to very well because when it comes to the level of creativity that is used to make movies in the olden days, it is something that is far more better than what they are giving us in movies and TV series today. There's no way you can ever compare both of them.

This is something that I equally agreed to very well because when it comes to the level of creativity that is used to make movies in the olden days, it is something that is far more better than what they are giving us in movies and TV series today. There's no way you can ever compare both of them.
Movies these days are mostly made with VFX, GFX which is why they don't feel real or authentic. People can't really connect or relate to them. The makers mostly focus on the visuals and presentation more than the actual content.

Movies these days are mostly made with VFX, GFX which is why they don't feel real or authentic. People can't really connect or relate to them. The makers mostly focus on the visuals and presentation more than the actual content.

Exactly! This is the reason why Oppenheimer is one of the best movies that I've seen that was produced this year because there was no use of CGI in producing the movie from start to finish. This has made the movie to be selling so well that people cannot get enough of it.

I really do, some old movies are classic and their plot is amazing in ways I can't even describe, for example Harry Potter is pretty old to my generation and it is actually my favorite movie so even though today movies have better effects and edit skills their plot is nothing compared to Harry Potter.
I also like older movies as of "The Predator" and "Autobots" their plot and ideas were amazing and I really enjoyed watching them. Yes edits and effects are important but without a good plot? in my opinion such a movie equals crap and not worth watching.

I really do, some old movies are classic and their plot is amazing in ways I can't even describe, for example Harry Potter is pretty old to my generation and it is actually my favorite movie so even though today movies have better effects and edit skills their plot is nothing compared to Harry Potter.
I also like older movies as of "The Predator" and "Autobots" their plot and ideas were amazing and I really enjoyed watching them. Yes edits and effects are important but without a good plot? in my opinion such a movie equals crap and not worth watching.

You can also add other old movies like The Lord of The Rings, The Pirates of the Caribbean and so many more. These movies beat down any thing that we see today. I'm not writing off some of the good one's we have seen but the older movies were truly exceptional.

I like older movies so long as they're not in Black and White.

I can never forget my parent's Sanyo Black and White TV. It was vintage back then. This TV even have a way I can tune the frequency noob on it and I will get what someone is watching on his TV from two blocks away.

images - 2023-10-26T112741.154.jpeg

I can never forget my parent's Sanyo Black and White TV. It was vintage back then. This TV even have a way I can tune the frequency noob on it and I will get what someone is watching on his TV from two blocks away.

View attachment 6190
I didn't grow up with one of those but I did grow up with a massive giant thing. So glad TVs are more thinner now and not giant beasts :LOL:

I didn't grow up with one of those but I did grow up with a massive giant thing. So glad TVs are more thinner now and not giant beasts :LOL:

Yeah, that's very correct. TV have been so good and sleek in their designs now all thanks to technology. They were indeed beasts back and we all thought they were the best we've seen but look at us now with tons of smart TVs 🙂.

I had trouble trying to carry my parents old TV :LOL:

They are heavy box of load, there's no way one person would be able to carry it. Even my parents Sanyo TV back then, we had to lose the legs before carrying it and not one person can lift it. It's heavy like a casket with a dead body inside it 😂.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back