What's new

Do you like to go under a username or your real name?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to the world wide web and working online, do you like to go under a username or do you prefer to use your real name? I am a mix of both. I prefer to use a nickname, or a username over my real name. If I have to say my name, I just say my first and leave my last name out. I only give my full name when it's needed.

Anyway, I like going by my username for the most part, but there are times where I find it weird when I'm called by my username. What about you?

My name is confidential and not to be used anyhow. I prefer using my nickname or username for anything I do online. I do this because of some compromising site, that could spoil your image because they have your identity.

I use a username as I do not want others to have a preconceived notion about me by looking at my real name.

When it comes to the world wide web and working online, do you like to go under a username or do you prefer to use your real name? I am a mix of both. I prefer to use a nickname, or a username over my real name. If I have to say my name, I just say my first and leave my last name out. I only give my full name when it's needed.

Anyway, I like going by my username for the most part, but there are times where I find it weird when I'm called by my username. What about you?
It does get weird, I still have an old friend I met on an online work site and he refers to me by the username I had at the time.
😂 But that was when I first started and I guess I was kinda paranoid and was just using random usernames wherever I worked.
Now I just use my first and middle name for everything.
Never use your last name unless you're looking for trouble.
As an almost-certified PI, and even before this, I always knew and said one thing: Once you have a last name, you have everything.

I don't give out my real name or information unless I REALLY trust the person & that can take a few years. I've had some, who I thought, were good friends I could trust & I'm glad I had held back because they weren't as they seemed to be.
I only go by my username & I keep the same username as well as my avatar on all forums I'm on. I feel people get to know me faster that way. :)

I make use of usernames on forums and it's the same username but I may have different avatar. My username is so unique I look different and will be easily found out in any forum I use. It's only on my Facebook I make use of my real name because Facebook forced me to do so.

On the internet I usually use usernames, more than anything for privacy, but if I have a good contact with someone or it is related to work, I have no problem giving more information about myself, even on social networks I only provide my first name and nothing more, it is important to maintain a certain degree of anonymity on the internet, since you never know what can happen or who you may be dealing with.

I have always been making use of my real names on my social media accounts because I usually verify my identity whenever I am creating any of my accounts on those social media platforms. This is the reason why I am selective of those that I added as friends, so that I will not just have any silly person on my friend list. But when it comes to forums, I only make use of my username and that's Heatman all through 😁.

When it comes to forums, I will always use my username, Shortie but when it comes to things such as articles or even working on a site writing for them, I don't mind using my actual name but will only use my surname if I really have to.

Most tend to be happy with you just using a formal first name so that is what I usually go with if I need to.

When it comes to forums, I will always use my username, Shortie but when it comes to things such as articles or even working on a site writing for them, I don't mind using my actual name but will only use my surname if I really have to.

Most tend to be happy with you just using a formal first name so that is what I usually go with if I need to.

The only time when I wouldn't use my username Heatman on any forum is when it's specifically requested by the forum owner for me to use a different username different from my Heatman. It's only 2 forum owners that's requested that from me. My username name is quite unique because since 2008 till now, I have never seen any username similar to it used by any other person.

Earlier, I used to go with a username as Hotshot (which you can see in my avatar as well). But now I use my real name. I think it's better and more transparent to connect with people this way. It's like talking to people without wearing a mask.

Earlier, I used to go with a username as Hotshot (which you can see in my avatar as well). But now I use my real name. I think it's better and more transparent to connect with people this way. It's like talking to people without wearing a mask.

We all have different feelings about something. Just like you feel that you're talking to people wearing a mask when you're not using your real name, I don't really feel the same way. I think that my username have taken up so much about my online presence that when I'm not using it, I feel a newbie and a total stranger.

We all have different feelings about something. Just like you feel that you're talking to people wearing a mask when you're not using your real name, I don't really feel the same way. I think that my username have taken up so much about my online presence that when I'm not using it, I feel a newbie and a total stranger.
Hehe I understand! :) When you have been using your username since years in each and every site or forum you join, it's difficult to change it to something else or even your real name.

Hehe I understand! :) When you have been using your username since years in each and every site or forum you join, it's difficult to change it to something else or even your real name.

Exactly and when you even end up changing to your real name without adding anything that shows the old account of your username are both account, there's nothing you're going to tell people who knew you with your username that's going to make them believe that you're the one.

My name is confidential and not to be used anyhow. I prefer using my nickname or username for anything I do online. I do this because of some compromising site, that could spoil your image because they have your identity.
With only your real name, those websites which are compromised will not find any way to do the harm of spoiling your identity. If they don't have any legitimate documents of yours which can be connected to your real name, they can't do anything.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back