What's new

Do you have to pay for company uniform?

Some companies pay their workers uniform allowance, and in this case, making them to pay for uniforms is justified Because provision has been made for that.
I have never heard of that before. If so, it might still appear as a good idea because the business organzation or company is still covering the cost of uniform provision albeit indirectly.

Its not always proper for anyone to pay for company uniform seriously if you want to start work in any company I beleive that what you need to do is for you to know that the company which you suppose to work for need to provide you the needed facility included uniform.

I am working in a private organisation where the organisation provides for almost everything the workers use and its their own property , the workers has no right to take it along with them when they leaves .

I am working in a private organisation where the organisation provides for almost everything the workers use and its their own property , the workers has no right to take it along with them when they leaves .
I understand your point. That is the laid down rule in most private organizations. Whenever you a worker resigns or leaves, he or she must hand over all official properties in his or her possession to the organization.

I have never heard of that before. If so, it might still appear as a good idea because the business organzation or company is still covering the cost of uniform provision albeit indirectly.

I guess that in many cases, uniform becomes complimentary. Many blue-collar jobs offer the opportunity to labours to wear uniform. This is much common when it comes to blue-collar jobs.

I am usually annoyed whenever I hear that companies have to make their workers to make their own uniform because uniform is supposed to be part of work. A uniform allowance is supposed to help.

I am usually annoyed whenever I hear that companies have to make their workers to make their own uniform because uniform is supposed to be part of work. A uniform allowance is supposed to help.
It doesn't happen everywhere. The ideal practice is for the organization to provide uniforms or any other official wears free of charge to its staff. Staff should only pay for replacements if damaged by their negligence.

This is something that has brought about a lot of raging debate. I personally believe that uniform is part of the work environment and uniform allowance should be given to every worker.

This is something that has brought about a lot of raging debate. I personally believe that uniform is part of the work environment and uniform allowance should be given to every worker.
That depends on the business organisation , obviously some business organisation will give opportunity for employees to have access to uniforms freely while others will ask that as an employee you have to buy this uniform. Buying of uniforms is not expensive that you should refuse.

Each and every company has different policies. Banks require you to wear office dress, not uniforms. Each and every organisation has its own dress code that is followed by its employees.

It's only a selfish company that's going to force their workers to pay for the uniform they are supposed to wear and work for the company. It's very crazy but I'm sure that one or more companies out there might be forcing their staff pay for their uniforms.

It's only a selfish company that's going to force their workers to pay for the uniform they are supposed to wear and work for the company. It's very crazy but I'm sure that one or more companies out there might be forcing their staff pay for their uniforms.

There are many companies that advertise misleading job offers in my country and this is also becoming a really huge problem for many people. So, we can expect businesses to require their workers to buy uniforms.

I get reimbursed anytime I need to buy a pair of new shoes for work. I work in a factory, and we have to have steel toe boots/shoes which can be quite expensive. Also in my area, you can request to get a work shirt to wear over your t-shirt since there's a few areas in my department that are dirty. We don't have to pay for the shirts either!

I get reimbursed anytime I need to buy a pair of new shoes for work. I work in a factory, and we have to have steel toe boots/shoes which can be quite expensive. Also in my area, you can request to get a work shirt to wear over your t-shirt since there's a few areas in my department that are dirty. We don't have to pay for the shirts either!

So, doesn't your company offer you shoes? If they are so expensive, then I guess that the company should provide you with those shoes. I think that you should talk to your manager about it and get things resolved.

As a general rule, employees should not be required to pay for any company-issued clothing.

However, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, if you work in a restaurant and your employer requires you to wear a uniform that is not part of your personal wardrobe, then you may have to purchase the uniform. Another exception would be if your employer requires you to wear certain shoes or gloves in order to perform your job—you may need to purchase those items as well.

In most cases, though, I think it’s important for employees not to be forced into paying for items that are simply required by their employer. It’s unfair for employers to require employees who earn a minimum wage or less to pay for items that could easily run into hundreds of dollars each year.

There are some companies that pay their employees uniform allowance. In such case, it would be very bad if he employee still expect that the company pay for their uniform again.

Workers should never pay for 4 company uniform because they are working with the company. They can pay for other dues or even if the uniform get torn but the initial kit for the job shouldn't be paid for because they are working for the company and the company had to produce or provide what they need for the effectivity of the job.

Personally I don't have any problem as long as I am comfortable with the organisation . I'll definitely pay if that's what they asked me to do. The most important thing is getting employment in a reasonable organisation in which the monthly salary will be better.

Actually it's not a good idea because it's at the advantages and benefit of the company. though I don't know of other locations but in my home country, the company provides for it employees or workers.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back