What's new

Do you have to pay for company uniform?

To me, it should be the responsibility of the company to make provisions for such type of clothing. The cost should by no means be the employees responsibility. This can come as a kind of wardrobe allowance or anything the company deem fit to call it that takes care of such provision.

It's only company with low working capital that will ask its employees to pay or purchase company's uniform. It had also happened to me and made me sad when my salary was deducted for such uniform. I just see such company as non standard.

Paying for company uniform depend on the company you are working on , the company I am working for provides the kits and everything free but in some other company , you have to pay for it or it will be deducted from your salary.

The company that recruited the empliyee should be able to provide all the neccesary equipment needed for the staff and also the trainings needed for the employee's to improve for the betterment of the organisation.

There are companies you might work for where they give you these uniforms and outfits for free. There are also some that make deductions for these outfits from your takehome pay. Different companies with different policies on the subject.

The only thing that my workplace space but I'm here is my salary and annual increment but didn't apart from that they do not usually give any kind of added benefits or allowances.

The only thing that my workplace space but I'm here is my salary and annual increment but didn't apart from that they do not usually give any kind of added benefits or allowances.
Even if there are bonuses in addition to your normal salary, it is still improper for an organization to charge employees for official staff uniforms. The company is supposed to handle all the responsibilities with regards to uniform.
I think the only exception could be in the case if the uniforms are to be permanently owned by the employees after that. Even so, all organizations should try their best to provide uniforms free for all staff.

Last edited:
To be sincere I thiink that company need to provide uniform to their staff,they dont just need to deduct anything from that staff salary.
But for me I think that I have withness some staff who complain how their salary was deducted due to one or two service the company offer tham like uniform or helmet

The uniforms are meant to be provided by the company in number which correspond to the number of workers needed, that's if it's a type you wear after your casual dress. So that it can be handed over to a new person who starts working the very first day. It will be improper to dress different before you get the uniform and not everyone will like to keep every single uniforms when they stop working there.

The uniforms are meant to be provided by the company in number which correspond to the number of workers needed, that's if it's a type you wear after your casual dress. So that it can be handed over to a new person who starts working the very first day. It will be improper to dress different before you get the uniform and not everyone will like to keep every single uniforms when they stop working there.
I believe every company that wants the best for it's organization should provide uniforms to all workers. But if the uniforms are conventional clothes that the employee can also wear to other places, then the employees should pay for it.

Paying for a company uniform in my own opinion is a means of corruption and a form of extortion in my own opinion , so company should provide uniforms and other accessories free for their workers .

Paying for a company uniform in my own opinion is a means of corruption and a form of extortion in my own opinion , so company should provide uniforms and other accessories free for their workers .
You can't really say it's a form of extortion in all cases. What if the employee uses the clothes for his or her private use? You can't really classify it as extortion.
You can't really say it's a form of extortion in all cases. What if the employee uses the clothes for his or her private use? You can't really classify it as extortion.

For someone like me I think that I will never accept it paying for foruniform is just a minor thing which any company should cover the cost its going to be somehow to ask some of your workers to pay for company uniform and that is never going to good enough,but I know there are some firm that will definately ask people to do that but I will rate that firm as been selfish

Should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific clothing, that isn’t classed as “casual wear”? For example, the previous job I had, was working in a Bar and the company required all employees to wear black from neck to toe. In my case, not everyone will have a wide selection of black clothing in their wardrobe so having to buy more is wrong considering I was on minimum wage! What do you think, should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific items of clothing? Or should the employer take the cost for the initial item(s)?
The employer is expected to provide necessary tools for the employee to be able to carry out his/her duty effectively.The uniform is part of the tool which should be bear by the employer .

For someone like me I think that I will never accept it paying for foruniform is just a minor thing which any company should cover the cost its going to be somehow to ask some of your workers to pay for company uniform and that is never going to good enough,but I know there are some firm that will definately ask people to do that but I will rate that firm as been selfish
I understand your perspective. But what if it's a fancy suit which you could also wear to other places or events, would you still wait for the company to buy or would you get it yourself?

There is a particular type of uniform design that is released by the organisation and then everybody had to sold their own in that particular aspect with their own money .

@smiless,that is very true I think you wanted to say sawing and not sold,so for this aspect I beleive that what you said is very different.

Any good company will provide both helmet and uniform for their workers except you work in an organization where they dont earn much I collect one for free when I was working offline

I do not think that you should pay for company uniform rather it is the job of the company management to provide you with a uniform. Employees should not be charged for it.

I do not think that you should pay for company uniform rather it is the job of the company management to provide you with a uniform. Employees should not be charged for it.
At the end, it still boils down to the organization involved. Some organizations might ask their employees to pay for it while others might provide the uniforms free of charge.

At the end, it still boils down to the organization involved. Some organizations might ask their employees to pay for it while others might provide the uniforms free of charge.

Well, if I were the CEO of a company, I would always provide the uniforms for free. It does not make sense to pay to a company for uniform at all. This is because wearing uniforms means that you are also promoting them and advertising them as well. This is because most of the uniforms have the logo of the company as well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back