What's new

Do you have anything against members waking up old threads?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
I have been in some forums where this happens to be an issues for some of the forum moderators where they don't like it that I brought back to life a thread that's abandoned for 4 years. I have no problems with that as long as the topic haven't served its purpose and if that's the case, I would lock the thread to prevent further comments on it. Whether a topic is too old, as long as discussion can be carried out on it to enlighten it further, it's completely okay by me.

I’ve been on forums where thread necromancy was against the rules. I’m fine with members finding old threads and reviving them as long as their post remains on topic.

The most important thing is for them not to just do it for farming posts. Once their content addition to the old thread adds value to the discussion, I'm very satisfied with it. It's not a problem at all on my end.

I do not think that there should be any problem with that. In fact, resurrecting old threads could be good for the SEO of the forum because this shows that members are still pretty much active.

I don't see any wrong in waking up old topic unless the topic is already dead. If you have new information to add in the discussion, I believe there shouldn't be any issue.

The only problem i have with members waking up old threads is when the tread Is not related with what is happening, i get disappointed when i open a thread and find out i have read about it before .

If it is good reason to make that thread up than nothing wrong else if someone do for spamming only than we have to take serious action and some forum have message setup which is warn user if they bump old threads.

I don't find anything wrong with waking up old threads, especially if those topics are still in demand and people are still finding solutions through them.

Besides that, it depends on the forum owner if he or she wants you to express your opinion there or if they only want to focus on latest threads.

It depends on the topic. Bumping old threads can be fine if the topic is still relevant in some way, shape, or form so I tend not to care too much.

I have been in some forums where this happens to be an issues for some of the forum moderators where they don't like it that I brought back to life a thread that's abandoned for 4 years. I have no problems with that as long as the topic haven't served its purpose and if that's the case, I would lock the thread to prevent further comments on it. Whether a topic is too old, as long as discussion can be carried out on it to enlighten it further, it's completely okay by me.
I do not think that there is anything wrong with resurrecting old threads, because sometimes, the problems still linger and maybe a newbie who has not gone to dig up the archives could have a solution.

The most crucial point is that they refrain from doing it solely for farming positions.
I'm extremely happy with it as long as their addition of content to the previous post benefits the conversation.
On my end, it's not at all a concern.

The most crucial point is that they refrain from doing it solely for farming positions.
I'm extremely happy with it as long as their addition of content to the previous post benefits the conversation.
On my end, it's not at all a concern.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with that. Sometimes, you need to reply on old posts in order to make sure that the forum remains quite active in the end.

The only problem I have with members starting old threads is if the thread has no regard for what's going on. It's frustrating when you open a thread and realize you've read about it before.

i personally do not have anything against waking up old thread, i would even love to see some old threads because of the level of discussions and some times for research purpose as well.

I do not think that there should be any problem with that. In fact, resurrecting old threads could be good for the SEO of the forum because this shows that members are still pretty much active.
Probably, I think I have actually done that multiple times in some forums I work on. there is actually nothing wrong with that because it will even be very good to attract traffic.

Probably, I think I have actually done that multiple times in some forums I work on. there is actually nothing wrong with that because it will even be very good to attract traffic.

Yes, this is true. If more and more people engage in a discussion, then it will be possible for them to make a thread "alive" once again and it could gain more views.

Yes, this is true. If more and more people engage in a discussion, then it will be possible for them to make a thread "alive" once again and it could gain more views.
Every year a lot of new information comes out. If someone creates a thread on how to make money online in 2022 then there may be some kind of improvement which needs to be updated in 2023 and beyond.

Every year a lot of new information comes out. If someone creates a thread on how to make money online in 2022 then there may be some kind of improvement which needs to be updated in 2023 and beyond.

Yes, this is why I try to reply to old posts in some threads. It is a good way to discuss the topic once again and this is a good thing as we could share more information with people.

Yes, this is why I try to reply to old posts in some threads. It is a good way to discuss the topic once again and this is a good thing as we could share more information with people.
Probably, in a forum there are a lot of external people visit in and that is the major reason why updated information is needed in every thread. When there is any change the members have to discuss about it

I don't see anything wrong with member waking up old threads. No knowledge is wasted. As long as such member had something meaningful to contribute to the thread, then i have no problem with it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back