Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
Does your forum have a forum currency? If so, what can members spend their hard-earned cash on? Account upgrades? Services? Trades with other users? Do you feel there will ever be a time where there is too much currency in circulation? How would you deal with such a situation?

I think that forum currency is a good thing if you are spending it on the upgrades or even if you are cashing it out. However the best thing that you can do is make your currency into a crypto as well.

Mine doesn't have forum currency. Anyway, I once had a forum with currency. The currency could be exchanged for writing services for your forum. Anyhow, my site was a business/web promotion/web development forum.

It seems like a good service that you had on the forum with the use of the currency however if people are not able to actually withdraw then it will be much better for morale in the forum as well.

i really love the concept of online forums having there own currencies as with this features, there are a lot of flexibilities that are afforded to members of the community like as you mentioned upgrades, purchases etc.

I think that forum currencies are a great way to exchange the currencies with rewards or cash. You can also exchange currencies for many physical goods as well as long as you tryst the other member.

I don't own a forum, therefore, this does not apply to me, however, on the forums I have account there is some sort of forum currency that can be either cashed out for real cash or used to buy certain services.

We have our own virtual currency and a shop to accompany that. I think it makes sense for Discussion Hub to have it since the aim of the forum is to give the users a little blast to the past where old forums had millions of different username styles, flashing animations etc. The users can spend their currency customising their profiles, buying stuff for their profiles etc.

Not at the moment, but I did have one for a previous web business Xenforo forum I had. I was using it so people could pay for forum posting packages. I called it biz something, I forgot.

I thought about doing this as I have had it on a forum in the past but I am just not sure it is worth it. Not for my main forum anyway. There is no way to incorporate it where it would make sense.

Forum currency can become quite worthless unless somebody is willing to trade it for real money or offer something of real value. Well, hosting might be something of real value. What are some other ideas?

Giving rewards to your users is a good initiative. My site doesn't have any products or services on it. So, this reward system won't be applicable in my forum.

I think that having your own forum currency can be a very good thing and this is something that could grow with time as well. For example if you start off with it just as a forum currency and then you expand it and start to create that coin into a cryptocurrency and list it on exchanges it can help the value of your coin and the engagement of people in your currency as well.

The virtual foreign currency is something that members can be able to use in order to buy privileges or to exchange things with one another since it can also be swapped for cash.

I think having currency in your forum is really good and members really like such forum so that them can exchange things with other people, or buy with the currency, it is very good to have it your forum.

My account lacks forum cash. Anyway, I used to have a forum with money. The money could be exchanged for forum writing services. My website was a forum for business, web promotion, and web development.

I don't own a forum for now. If i were to own a forum, then my forum would definitely own their own forum currency that members can use to carry out different transactions on my forum..

I do not have forum currency but I am thinking to add forum currency on some of my forums. The idea is to provide credits for posting and allowing users to shop for products on the marketplace

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back