Do you ever leave things in your code? Like comments?

Grant

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
I will sometimes leave little notes in my code for some of my websites. Usually hidden messages for people to find when they inspect the site. I always found it to be something cool to add to my sites, because it gives those users who know about coding and using the inspect tool in Chrome and some other browsers.

I think it would be cool to make a scavenger hunt through a site. Maybe add hidden code users have to find to be entered in for a contest. I could see that working.

James

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
Normally I don't leave any code or comment on my website but I leave some coding for people who normally comes on website steal the content so when they copy the content and paste somewhere it will leave my site details.

eenya00

Eben
Verified Poster
i do not see the need in doing that except you are trying to reward some of your most loyal users or ardent visitors to your website, because i prefer my website been something that is easily accessible.

Laurentta

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
Well, i don't really like the idea of leaving things in code on your website. It doesn't favour users like me who don't know anything about coding. Such users wouldn't be able to make use of the information dropped.