What's new

Do you budget how much you spend a week?

_B_

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
May 18, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I organise how much I spend a week, since I am at university and do record how much I spend on a little bit of paper sometimes. Nothing too complex. Just how much I start with and the costs (i.e. groceries, other household items etc.). I usually have an upper limit of how much I should spend and save any remaining for another time.
What about you?

At the moment, particularly with COVID, I'm not spending enough to necessitate keeping good track of how much I'm spending. Either way though I do start to notice if I'm buying useless stuff more often and I'm pretty good at stopping myself at that point.

I spend about $400 per week which includes rent, food, gas, and other essentials. The only unknown variable is entertainment which fluctuates based on how frequently I attend movies, dinners, sporting events, travel, etc

My husband and I have been married for 30 years now and we started off with a budget and 2 income checks and then when I got pregnant we had to change the budget greatly to compensate for more necessities and my lack of employment (I chose to be a stay at home mom). Working out that initial budget isn't too difficult if you think about the entire year and what's needed and don't forget to allot for Birthday and Christmas gifts!

Now that my husband and I have been married for so long with the same type of expenses and a consistent paycheck that he earns, we don't pay at much attention to a budget. We just keep in mind that we shouldn't go crazy buying things and luckily we're both extremely frugal people to help with that!

I never used to take this seriously but now I'm budgeting for my new job and how much I'll get to spend max. I've discovered that this should be taken seriously if I really want to build wealth and get to resign early to start my own business.

I wasn't before but I started to recently since I am trying to buy a house. I want to be prepared and know what my spending cap is from month to month. I am faking like I have to pay a mortgage instead of rent which will be about $400 more a month.

I usually sum up my spendings on a monthly basis as I find that easier to do. I track things in an excel spreadsheet.

I organise how much I spend a week, since I am at university and do record how much I spend on a little bit of paper sometimes. Nothing too complex. Just how much I start with and the costs (i.e. groceries, other household items etc.). I usually have an upper limit of how much I should spend and save any remaining for another time.
What about you?
I am very happy to see you taking your personal finance seriously. I would like to share my own experience. What gets measured gets managed. The best way is to record and maintain your cash flow pattern. Have an expense tracking app on your mobile phone. Am using the Mint app, it's very good, it gives me a good insight into my expenses and my spending pattern. I found out am eating out and spending more money in restaurants than I originally planned and after getting this insight I was able to cut down my expense to fit my budget. I also started "Coffee Can" investing, by this every day would invest the cost of coffee in a can, which I use later to buy a stock of a company or I invest in my favorite crypto. It helped me to build a good foundation for saving and financial independence, give it a try. You would find it really helpful.

I'm trying to make a fix budget weekly but I find it hard stick to it. Sudden expenses arrives as well are sudden impulses. I hope I can stick to my budget soon.

I didn't take this seriously before, but now I'm budgeting for new jobs and maximum spending. It turns out that if I really want to make a fortune and quit early to start my business, this should be taken seriously.

I do have a budget , but sometimes I don't really do according to my budget as some unforeseen expenses could arise which would lead me to spend outside my budget at times.

In my opinion I think anyone who wants a clear-cut vision on his finance should definitely live on budget not because of extravagant spending but just to get the bearing of how your money is flowing in and flowing out. If you notice that the rate at which money flows out is bigger and faster than the rate at which money flows in definitely you have to check your budget but I don't live on budget.

It's always good for you to budget the amount that you would spend in a week because it's going to help you in your quest to meeting up your target on your spendings.

I believe that budgeting is one important aspect of savings. I tried to drive that your project at the beginning of every week and try to ensure that I always stick by it or at least not been so much more than that.

I have discovered that I have begin to become much more disciplined to spending if I make a list of the things that I am going to use the money for her at the beginning of the week. This is a technique that I will advise people to employ as well.

I have never tried doing that, it looks like a good way to save money. I mostly use my money once in a while and not in a daily basis. Maybe I will start doing that if I will be buying my own meals every days since it sounds like a good way to save money.

I budget based on a monthly basis. I try to focus on essential things first, then there is some portion for savings and some portion for dining out.

I never had planned any kind of weekly budget, but there was a time when I had a daily budget plan. I am starting to create that strategy once again and cut down my expenses because inflation is quite high in here.

Personally I dont just spend money like that before I spend any money I must ensure that I give account for it because its one of the way to ensure that you spend wisely I do spend but I have both my weekly and daily spend budget

Budget is a financial planing of ones income and expenditure for a particular period o time. Having a budget ahead for the week will help us to limit our spending and not to over spend unnecessarily on what is not relevant. I have budget for each week and this has help me to control my spending. It also serve as a form of discipline to my financial spending. Those without budget happen to spend uncontrollable cause their spending have no limit

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back