Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
I have seen some forums where it's not allowed for you to access it with the use of VPN. Once you have VPN running, your registration will be declined in the process. For forums that doesn't set up that measure, do you just block account with VPN registered IPs later when you find out?

I have seen some forums where it's not allowed for you to access it with the use of VPN. Once you have VPN running, your registration will be declined in the process. For forums that doesn't set up that measure, do you just block account with VPN registered IPs later when you find out?

Using VPN while logging in to the forum is not recommended. While it is true that many members would like to protect themselves by using VPN, the forum moderators may consider that a violation of the policies. This is why using a VPN is not recommended because you may risk your account getting banned. I have not even downloaded any kind of VPN on my personal computer.

You should respect the privacy of users. Therefore, you should allow VPN. Why should you block registration unless the member has been a violator in the past. Privacy is very importaant.

Well, if it is not possible for me to set up the measure of declining registration of users with their VPN running, i don't see the need of blocking accounts with VPN registered IPs later on.

I have never done that and I might not do this. People do not want to be tracked online, therefore, they like using VPNs. I am absolutely fine with this. However, what I wouldn't like is if the banned member tries using the site by using VPN.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back