Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
Do you backup your forum database? Do you manually backup it every day, week or month? Or have you set up a cron entry that will automatically take a database backup? Also, Have you ever had to rely on a backup to restore a server failure?

The problem with CPanel and Hosting if you are running on NGNIX then you have every day to check the Apache server to shut down and restart NGNIX because the default service is Apache, such restart will lose a lot of customers because they will site down. This is more harmful than a database.

If I had one, I would definitely have a means to back it up. It seems that forums are a hot target for cyber attacks. If you lose all your data without a backup, that would be disastrous.

Most of the cPanel offers addons and between these addons is disk back up or data base back up in case of denial of service for one reason or one other you should retrieve image of database and mount to the server and use it, works both mysql, postgresql, maria db or mongodb.

My forums are updated every day automatically. However, my blogs are set to update once a week. I also do manual backups and upload the website files and database to the cloud as well as local storage.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back