What's new

Do you allow multiple accounts on your forum?

Some forum owners don't care about having some members with multiple accounts on their forum. They simply want the number increase on the forum membership base. I don't know if this have any negative implications on the forum or if it doesn't matter at all. Do you think that it's wise to allow multiple accounts on one's forums and would you allow that on your own forum?
No, multiple accounts are not allowed on this forum, and it is unethical, creating multiple accounts can result in a ban on this platform.

I have heard that some forum owners start a forum with a lot of duplicate accounts so that they can give an impression of active members. It is said they even interact through duplicate accounts.
Quality is better than quantity. If there are a million members and none of them are active, it is basically useless. So I don't think there is any need for permitting the creation of multiple accounts.

I don't think it's wise to allow multiple accounts on one's forum. I won't allow multiple accounts on my forum because it might give room for users to easily default the rules of the forum.

I think one of the major reasons some people do not read terms and conditions is because they are always in a hurry to make money. Some of them do not even see it as a big deal but I think it is important to take at least five minutes of your time to read it properly.

Well, many people may not read terms and conditions. One of the biggest reason why people do not read terms and conditions is due to the fact that terms and conditions on a site could be really lengthy and this is why people may try to avoid reading the whole agreement,.

I do not think it is completely ideal for anyone to have more than one account on a platform. This is why my forum should be in such a way that if you can only have one account.

I think having several accounts is a bad practice because it renders your true identity uncertain and leads you to gain an unfair monetary advantage over other people in some cases

Of course not. There'll be so many unwanted accounts and this will only serve to give false statistics to potential investors, advertisers and even myself as the owner of the site.

In my own opinion it does not even make sense for people to have multiple accounts in any website. Of course there are several ways to make money you can go into instead of depending on one website.
It would also do more harm to the website than good, because you would be having wrong stats that would continuously not give you the proper tools to know your site performance.

Though I am a site owner but if I am to have one I will never accept the use of duplicate account,it's cheating. Most sites including bizdustry bann every noticed member using duplicate account.

It would also do more harm to the website than good, because you would be having wrong stats that would continuously not give you the proper tools to know your site performance.
Yes, you will not know the level of growth your website have attend because it will be a false stat. When everyone have one account you'll be able to evaluate the level of your growth as a website owner.

I do not think it is healthy that people should have multiple account and I do not even see any reason why anybody would want to do that except to spam. If you need an extra account because you lost an old one then that is pretty much understandable.

i share this same sentiments with you, having multiple accounts is definitely counter productive and it could jeopardize the work been done on the platform that is regulation

I don't allow multiple accounts on my forums. Why should anyone create multiple accounts on my forum when the poster will not receive any benefits by creating multiple accounts? The discussion will loke fake when the same person interacts with his own posts.

If I create a forum, I can't allow member to have multiple accounts. It make no sense for a single person to be controlling more than one account. Another thing is that it'll be difficult to know the number of forum members.

Whenever I have owned a forum I have always been against someone having multiple accounts unless it was done by mistake and they forgot they already had an account but hadn't used the site in some time in which case I would help them gain access to their original account. I can never understand why people would intentionally create multiple accounts, surely one is enough? I find that people who create multiple accounts are usually up to something.

I think it depends on the forum and how relaxed you are with it. If it's a serious forum with a lot of rules, then yes you're free to block people from making more than one account. For me, I like to keep it to one account per IP, and if someone signs up, they get a warning that it's against the rules to make a second account, please login to your current account, etc. I sometimes even have it where it says if you want this username, you can reachout to us about changing it.

I also don't allow name changes often, if I do, I require that their old username is visible on their profile.

The issue of Ip address has made everything easy, I believe with ip address you can know how many accounts are registered with it, I'm not by any means of accepting double account.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back