What's new

Do Pensioners pay tax on their pension

I have been made to understand that here on my country, pensioners pensions are not taxable. They don't pay tax tonthe government from their pension unlike when they actually pay taxes when they were actively collecting salaries

Any amount of money given to retirees after years of service isn't subjected to tax paying anymore. They've paid their own part when they were in active service.
What's tax free here is the government pension that is similar to the social security pension in the US. But for other pension plans built up in an insurance company I think the monthly pension is tax free depending on the category. There are pension policies that are tax paid which was included in the monthly premium.

I do not think so.
The pensioner is not working anymore, so tax is no longer removed from their salaries.
The pension is not regarded as a taxable income.
I plan to retire at the age of 60 and start collecting pensions every month.
I want to know if my pension fund is regarded as a taxable income. Will money be deducted from my pensions as tax or not.

It depends on the country you are,but in places like my country pensioners don't pay tax, because the government must have deducted some certain percentage of the pensioners money.

Taxes aren't deducted from pensions, that would never be done anywhere because you are no longer working. Though the taxes may be removed indirectly from your bank through bank charges.

Taxes aren't deducted from pensions, that would never be done anywhere because you are no longer working. Though the taxes may be removed indirectly from your bank through bank charges.
You're right.
Pensions are not taxable by the government, the pensioners are no longer working, they must have paid enough taxes while in active service.

You don't pay taxes for your pension because you don't work anymore, the pension you receive is net, which means it receives no cuts or anything like that, you usually know how much you get before retiring

All government revenue are taxed, so even pensioners funds are taxed just that it's on a pro rata basis that is it is removed before the remainder is sent to the pensioners.

This shouldn't be taxed in any way; it's assumed you've paid your taxes during your working days and you're exempted from any other taxes later.
Though it can still depend on your government's policies too as well.

That is not the case,because when the beneficiary of the pension is in full active service,he has been paying his tax from his monthly salary,and also the pension commission outfit do pay their tax as well.

Nobody's pension will be taken from it, in my opinion.
because tax is deducted from government employees' paychecks.
Due to the fact that retirees have no other means of earning money in the future, this law of taxation does not apply to pensions.
The majority of their needs are met by their pension.

Nobody's pension will be taken from it, in my opinion.
because tax is deducted from government employees' paychecks.
Due to the fact that retirees have no other means of earning money in the future, this law of taxation does not apply to pensions.
The majority of their needs are met by their pension.
I don't really know much about what you've just said, as a matter of fact I don't really know how pension works in my country, but I believe the government deduct it from people's salary.

Tax is paid by pension scheme management not individually but if at later time the money is invested in any business,then the money as become a taxable income automatically,since the money will be increasing.
I don't think that a retiree paid pension, because all the issues of taxes and other levies are being taken care off by the agencies that manages their pension funds,such levies are not put directly on the pensioners.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back