What's new

Do Pensioners pay tax on their pension

Every citizen of a country is required to pay is tax and a pensioner is not exempted from it, so even the person you're also pay tax from their pension.

Over here in my country in government organisation pensioner do pay tax from their pension but in the private sector not all pensioner do pay tax from their pension.

Over here in my country in government organisation pensioner do pay tax from their pension but in the private sector not all pensioner do pay tax from their pension.
every citizen of a particular country has the right to pay his tax and a pensioner being a citizen of a particular country is not excluded so he or she must pay his tax.
Post automatically merged:

State Pensions that you receive are treated as earned income for income tax purposes, although you are no longer liable to pay any further National Insurance contributions once you have reached State Pension age. ... However, it is always paid to you 'gross' (that is, no tax is deducted before you receive it).The state pension is taxable income, but you receive it gross. This means no tax is deducted at source (that is, before it is paid to you) from the state pension.
every citizen of a particular countries is entitled to pay tax because it's their fundamental right to do that and a pensioner is not exceptional, he or she must pay his tax.

Last edited:
The money that pensioners receive has already been tax from the source and there is no basis for it to be tax again,and also some things involving pensioners that has to do with taxation,they are exempted.

Well that's probably the case since employees pay taxes too so no reason pensioners shouldn't since they are earning even tho they aren't working anymore

Well that's probably the case since employees pay taxes too so no reason pensioners shouldn't since they are earning even tho they aren't working anymore
It is the right of every citizen to pay tax in his or her country and open showing is not left out of this because he or she is a citizen of that particular country and he must be tax
Post automatically merged:

State Pensions that you receive are treated as earned income for income tax purposes, although you are no longer liable to pay any further National Insurance contributions once you have reached State Pension age. ... However, it is always paid to you 'gross' (that is, no tax is deducted before you receive it).The state pension is taxable income, but you receive it gross. This means no tax is deducted at source (that is, before it is paid to you) from the state pension.
As a citizen of a particular country it is your fundamental rights to pay tax and this is not an exception for pension near because even a pensioner has the obligation to pay tax

Last edited:
You don't pay taxes for your pension because you don't work anymore, the pension you receive is net, which means it receives no cuts or anything like that, you usually know how much you get before retiring
I think this is actually the fact about pension received by pensioners.They are not really in active service and whatever they get is just a fraction of the whole sum they have been receiving during active service.Taxes are not deducted from them.

I don't think they are allowed to pay tax again, as you normally pay tax from your wages. Does receiving pension are nolonger working or part of the working class.

I don't think if pensioners pay tax because them are no longer working so there is no need of paying tax,because pension are reward from government.

Provided they are public workers the government will always take away some charges from their pension funds to serve them well.

I think it depends on how country you are residing on. There are some countries that pensioners only pay little amount of tax money.

I don't think they do. This is because every form of taxing has already been done by them in their years of active service.

You do not pay out tax obligations for your pension plan since you do not function any longer, the pension plan you get is actually web, which implies it gets no reduces or even everything like that, you typically understand just the amount of you obtain prior to retiring

Every citizen of a country pays tax and pension is an exception of this fact it is your fundamental rights to pay tax and all pensioner do pay task

Were I'm from pensioners don't pay tax, we assume that when they were working tax was being deducted from their salaries, now is their time to relax and enjoy their elderly years.

Provided they are public workers the government will always take away some charges from their pension funds to serve them well.
I think in our country the pension is free of tax. What I am receiving is the amount stated on my pension policy and there is no deduction. My cousin's pension is from the government's insurance because he worked with a government office. He said that there is also no deduction for the tax.

I think in our country the pension is free of tax. What I am receiving is the amount stated on my pension policy and there is no deduction. My cousin's pension is from the government's insurance because he worked with a government office. He said that there is also no deduction for the tax.
That's superb from your country, from taking zero charges when it comes to pension stipends for pensioners. Here in my country I don't think they charge pensioners. You'll only be charged for tax as an active civil servant and not a retiree.

I plan to retire at the age of 60 and start collecting pensions every month.
I want to know if my pension fund is regarded as a taxable income. Will money be deducted from my pensions as tax or not.
If you are living in the same that live presently I guess you have to pay tax till death because that's what they discuss on national radio this morning that you must pay tax on almost everything now.

Not in my country at least I mean pensioners have no other viable means of making money they are in adequate need of stability it would be very unwise to tax form them

Pensioners at least the ones in my country do not pay any taxes directly to the tax office because it is believed that at this point in time you are no longer actively working.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back