What's new

Do Domain Name Extensions Make Any Difference?

The extension has a gross effect on the availability of the domain and the nature of the potential traffic it would attract.
Some domain extension are costly that others.

I still think the best of the bunch are .com, .net, and .org but it all comes into traffic and planning. You can make a .whatever work just fine if you know what you are doing.

I do not know a lot about domains but think domain name extension make some difference. It might have some negative effect on one's traffic.

At a first glance your domain extension is probably going to speak a lot about your website. Depending on your target audience using a .Ng it's not a bad idea if you want to target specifically Nigerians.

I think most people trust top TLDs more such as .com, .net or .org. I know i'm very weary of going to a site that ends in say .xyz or .biz or .tk for example.

In terms of SEO? I don't know if the TLD matters or not. When i had my first site, I was on a subdomain and we had plenty of traffic from google.

I still think the best of the bunch are .com, .net, and .org but it all comes into traffic and planning. You can make a .whatever work just fine if you know what you are doing.
having a dot com website especially makes you look more legit and also very professional, people tend to trust you more by owning this kind of domain extension as they believe you would not abandon the domain

Domain names do not make any difference in terms of SEO value. The extension does not influence Search Engine ranking. However, if you use an appropriate extension, your domain will make it look professional. For instance, if you use edu for educational institute it will make your domain look professional.

I want to start a blog, but I want to use .Ng as the extension because it's to be about a local problem. I wonder if domain name extensions make a difference in terms of traffic.
Certainly, the length of a domain name can matter. Various domain name extensions, such as.com for commercial websites,.net for networking websites, and.org for non-profit organizations, can denote various types of sites.

Yes domain extensions has difference and the extension matters on the price of the domain too but the highest pay domain extension is .com domain extension.

Yes domain extensions has difference and the extension matters on the price of the domain too but the highest pay domain extension is .com domain extension.
People doesn't matter about extension but also their sense that you could find personal website .com domain or commercial website .org domain so it doesn't matter.

Yes, domain name extensions can make a difference as they can indicate the purpose, location, or type of organization associated with the domain. For example, ".com" is commonly associated with commercial businesses, while ".org" is typically used for non-profit organizations.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back