What's new

Do Domain Name Extensions Make Any Difference?

GoldenLady

Madly Diligent
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 17, 2020
USD
$4.0000USD
Biznotes
I want to start a blog, but I want to use .Ng as the extension because it's to be about a local problem. I wonder if domain name extensions make a difference in terms of traffic.

Reactions: AJH
In my experience, no they don’t. SEO does more for a blog than the domain. But I will say people are usually more likely to trust the popular TLDs, such as .COM, .NET, or .ORG.
Most .COM domains are taken this is why people switch to .NET or .ORG. But not all domains having .ORG are for organizations or having .NET are for media purposes as people are purchasing an extension as friends will recommand them that to look as profesionnal website.

I want to start a blog, but I want to use .Ng as the extension because it's to be about a local problem. I wonder if domain name extensions make a difference in terms of traffic.
I think it is best to use domain extensions such as .com and .org because these are the most trusted domains which can enable you to enhance your search engine optimization as well as traffic

I think it is best to use domain extensions such as .com and .org because these are the most trusted domains which can enable you to enhance your search engine optimization as well as traffic
This does not mean anyway the website is scam or legit you could find legit platforms in xyz or io domain name or even club extension or something like this staff but people prefer this is another story.

This does not mean anyway the website is scam or legit you could find legit platforms in xyz or io domain name or even club extension or something like this staff but people prefer this is another story.
This is true but the majority of the public prefer to access websites with the domain ".com" or ".org". They are more trusted and it is less likely that these websites would be a scam.

This is true but the majority of the public prefer to access websites with the domain ".com" or ".org". They are more trusted and it is less likely that these websites would be a scam.
The scam websites may order com domain or org domain to gain the trust of the people and they are losing hard money earned by an easy way unlike they discover scam story behind.

They are more trusted and it is less likely that these websites would be a scam. But not all domains having .ORG are for organizations or having .NET are for media purposes as people are purchasing an extension as friends will recommand them that to look as profesionnal website.

The scam websites may order com domain or org domain to gain the trust of the people and they are losing hard money earned by an easy way unlike they discover scam story behind.
This is also true, and I believe this is why you have to conduct research on the platform to distinguish between the legitimate websites, and the sites that are full of scams.

People are moving to .NET or .ORG because most .COM domains are in use. But not all domains with .ORG are for organizational purposes, and not all domains with .NET are for media purposes. I buy the extension because a friend recommends it to make her website look like a pro.

the extensions for your domain name is very crucial and also you should put it into consideration before starting it out, because some domain extension would generate more traffic than others.

These websites are less likely to be scams and are more reliable. However, not all domains with.ORG are used by or belong to organizations. NET are used for media reasons, and people buy extensions so that their websites would appear professional.

These websites are less likely to be scams and are more reliable. However, not all domains with.ORG are used by or belong to organizations. NET are used for media reasons, and people buy extensions so that their websites would appear professional.
dot org domain is actually built for organizations and i have seen credible organizations that use this extension as i believe it is more professional and also expressly tells me what platform i am dealing with.

In my views, I don't think it matters all too much. I wouldn't advise a .org or .gov unless your site fits those categories. .gov especially is a no-no, at least in the US. and .org usually implies an organization, charity, work/company etc.

As for other domain extensions, I couldn't comment. I mostly use .com, .net, and maybe .to and a few other ones. I like to get creative too and maybe use .gg at the end.

The endings of your web domain are highly important and should be a factor to ponder over beforehand, because certain domain suffixes will create greater attention than most.

The endings of your web domain are highly important and should be a factor to ponder over beforehand, because certain domain suffixes will create greater attention than most.
It does draw attention too, especially if you are targeting a particular niche or you want to become an authority in the niche. Something like .gov can only be used after a lot of verification that it's by a government or it's agencies.

Well it doesn't affect traffic in the real sense of it. It's just that a lot of people easily remember the .com extension quicker. You might need that as you expand and have more international visitors.

Considering the fact that now I don't have any domain of my own, but I'm very sure that most domain have different name extensions because some are owns by organization which ends with .org.

I think the domain extension does play a role in garnering more attention for your website, but this is still limited. Investing time and effort in search engine optimization would do more to generate more traffic

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back