Did you spend less on gifts this year?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Assuming you have done your Christmas shopping, did you spend less this year?

I typically spend the same amounts year after year. I spend $50 on each parent (my parents and my wife's parents) and then $25 on siblings. I have a few friends and coworkers that I do buy gifts for but we all agreed to skip this year. My wife and her friends did the same.

This year I think I'll spend roughly same amounts on gift items especially to my parents and family, the recent inflation notwithstanding. We still have to be glad that we made it thus far

This year I think I'll spend roughly same amounts on gift items especially to my parents and family, the recent inflation notwithstanding. We still have to be glad that we made it thus far
I never overspent and outdid myself so I can still manage for the most part. I think the people who spend a lot every year and try to buy something for everyone are the ones who struggle.

I never overspent and outdid myself so I can still manage for the most part. I think the people who spend a lot every year and try to buy something for everyone are the ones who struggle.

New year 2023 is approaching right now, but I have already created my plans for the new year and implemented them. It is a "now or never" kind of condition and situation for me.

Generally speaking, I am not in a habit of giving a lot of gifts. I give gifts only to the kids (nephews, nieces, and other kids), I do not give gifts to the adults. Even when I have to give gifts, I try to make it small.

Generally speaking, I am not in a habit of giving a lot of gifts. I give gifts only to the kids (nephews, nieces, and other kids), I do not give gifts to the adults. Even when I have to give gifts, I try to make it small.

Well, I do not have many friends and this is why I usually do not give gifts to many people. i am also not in relationship with anyone right now. So, this is why I do not give gifts to anyone right now.

I usually buy gifts for my nieces each Christmas. I used to spend $50, but I spent $20 only this year. I was on a tough budget towards Christmas just like everyone else. But I had to cut down on my expenses so as to afford the most basic things.

I usually buy gifts for my nieces each Christmas. I used to spend $50, but I spent $20 only this year. I was on a tough budget towards Christmas just like everyone else. But I had to cut down on my expenses so as to afford the most basic things.

I am a Muslim and there are many people who buy gifts and sweets during the Eid ul Fitr ocassion in my country. I think that the sale of gifts increase during that season.

I don't think I've spent less this year. Generally, I love buying presents for my family and friends. I can't really spend a fortune, but it's usually a similar amount every year.

Surprisingly I will say yes. This is due to the fact that I was far away from family and friends, so there was no need and way to get anyone gifts. This really save me money.

Assuming you have done your Christmas shopping, did you spend less this year?

I typically spend the same amounts year after year. I spend $50 on each parent (my parents and my wife's parents) and then $25 on siblings. I have a few friends and coworkers that I do buy gifts for but we all agreed to skip this year. My wife and her friends did the same.
I have been given a lot of people so many give you this year and I hope I get returns when it gets to my birthday because I always get so many gifts on my birthday

spending money on gifts has not really been my thing and therefore I have not really spent any reasonable amount of money on gift. I think it is something I will start doing even if it is budgeting little amount of money for it.

In my culture, the proliferation of certain negative tendencies has made the gifts thing completely extinct. That's why people don't exchange gifts any longer. In the other way round, it has cut costs incurred on buying gifts.

In my culture, the proliferation of certain negative tendencies has made the gifts thing completely extinct. That's why people don't exchange gifts any longer. In the other way round, it has cut costs incurred on buying gifts.
what could really be the cause of the negative tendencies when people exchange gifts?. In this part of the world it is still common but it is not really the kind of thing I like doing.

The culture of buying each other gifts is great. But then it can be so tough to buy them now during inflation. That is why it is best to buy less gifts. It will keep the good culture going but help people cut down expenses.

The culture of buying each other gifts is great. But then it can be so tough to buy them now during inflation. That is why it is best to buy less gifts. It will keep the good culture going but help people cut down expenses.
When you have to spend a fortune to buy someone a gift and you regret later, it doesn't make sense. I don't even attend weddings again if I don't have enough money because I can't go without a gift and a good gift is expensive.

It is not a must for you to buy an expensive gift before people can be able to appreciate you. Even though I am not used to buying gifts for people but there is nothing wrong with it even if it is not expensive.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back