What's new

Did you ever get ahead of a higher ranked employee?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Was there ever a time where you somehow got ahead of a higher ranked employee? Or got a job before someone who had seniority? I have not had the privilege of being chosen in that way myself, but I think it'd be cool to be hired over someone else who had more time with the job before me.

Well it do occur at my side most times, especially if you are having a higher educational level, you rank will be higher than those with low level education plus your salary.

I've not been able to do this kind of a thing in my workplace and I believe that it is something that would hardly happen as long as the high-ranking employee is always dedicated to his job. It is going to be very difficult for you to topple the person at his best.

I was just two years old in the organization when I was made the head of department ahead of the most senior staff who had been in the organization for four years. The next year, they had to transfer him to another department and make him head of department. But we never had frictions.

You will get ahead of a higher rank employee if you discharge your duty accordingly and the owner of the company was impressed with your performance, he may promote you above the other employees.

It has happened to me, someone that I was ahead of in terms of qualifications got a job we both applied for. It is something that usually happens so no big deal.

It has happened to me, someone that I was ahead of in terms of qualifications got a job we both applied for. It is something that usually happens so no big deal.
Sometimes getting jobs will depend on luck because there are so many people that are of no match to your qualification and would get those jobs easily

I do not have a lot of experience working in a company, and when I was working, I was the head of the department or worked as a team leader, there was no higher position them mine for the people in that department.

Yes as at last year i started working for a photo editing company, though i joined last year, but i was made the manager. I was not really comfortable cause there where others who deserved it before me.

Well I personally I have never gotten to a ahead of higher ranked employe yet but I know of many people that once they have a higher qualifications that privilege always follow them.

Yes as at last year i started working for a photo editing company, though i joined last year, but i was made the manager. I was not really comfortable cause there where others who deserved it before me.
I believe it hasn't been easy for you, but I'm pretty sure they made you a manager seeing that you're capable, even though it's a workload for you to guide the rest of the employee as a manager.

So how is it going and how are you relating with the older staff who senior you in the organization. Do they despise you? Sometimes, they always gang up against the manager who is a younger staff in the organization. How has your experience been with that position?

I have seen this happened like twice, But I personally have not experienced this before. But I honestly would not mind experiencing it. I find it awesome, If I am qualified for the role.

This has happened to me and as at the time, it really felt good because this higher ranked employee was giving so much issue at the time, so when the position at the top opened and I was promoted to it, it really felt good.

This has happened to me and as at the time, it really felt good because this higher ranked employee was giving so much issue at the time, so when the position at the top opened and I was promoted to it, it really felt good.
Of course, things like that always feels good especially when they are looking down on you. I think you were promoted due to the fact that you were hard-working enough.

Well getting a job ahead of your senior, is something that's miraculous I will consider or getting to a higher position than your boss. It's very rear among thousands of people in an organisation.

Was there ever a time where you somehow got ahead of a higher ranked employee? Or got a job before someone who had seniority? I have not had the privilege of being chosen in that way myself, but I think it'd be cool to be hired over someone else who had more time with the job before me.
There was a time that I was hired as a costume designer for a particular film show but they realized that the actress they called was not good enough so I had to jump on it and I got it right now.

A friend got a job I applied for too even though I had more experience than him. It's what it is. Sometimes, people may add other experiences to their CV which makes them more qualified.

I believe that one of the reason why you were promoted to the position of the manager is because of what you bring to the table when working for the company and the owner knows that which was why he promoted you to that level.

Well getting a job ahead of your senior, is something that's miraculous I will consider or getting to a higher position than your boss. It's very rear among thousands of people in an organisation.
What usually makes businesses give their employees such opportunity is if they do something extra-ordinary. the company may consider you as an asset and they will give you a very high position.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back