jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
How do you deal with them? Myself, I'd have to look at the situation closely. I mean, bad moves from an otherwise good member could be dealt less harshly than someone else. Nonetheless, someone might argue such discipline is unfair.

It's really hard to judge especially when it comes to rule breaking.
People sometimes say stuff just because they are having a bad day. I have heard people usually try to act mean, when they are going through a tough phase. So, it's better to take all of that into consideration as well. I am not sure whether most of the staff members would agree with this or not.

When you are hurt by others badly, you would either want to breakdown or you want to, vent that onto someone or something else. As for me, I usually try to stay away from everyone(Except for my mom) and try to calm down before trying to communicate with others. It's not easy.
Anyway, we will have to at least seek other staff opinions before dealing with such website users.

It's really hard to judge especially when it comes to rule breaking.
People sometimes say stuff just because they are having a bad day. I have heard people usually try to act mean, when they are going through a tough phase. So, it's better to take all of that into consideration as well. I am not sure whether most of the staff members would agree with this or not.

When you are hurt by others badly, you would either want to breakdown or you want to, vent that onto someone or something else. As for me, I usually try to stay away from everyone(Except for my mom) and try to calm down before trying to communicate with others. It's not easy.
Anyway, we will have to at least seek other staff opinions before dealing with such website users.

Well, repeated venting can be annoying and hurtful to people. I'd say something would need to be done then. I mean, the admins have to take a stand. There has to be consequences.

Well, repeated venting can be annoying and hurtful to people. I'd say something would need to be done then. I mean, the admins have to take a stand. There has to be consequences.
I do agree with that.
What if a staff member refuses to give another chance to the user? This user might have said something racist but he apologized for it. Yet the staff believes that, it's just unforgivable.

When I chose to give that user a chance, some of the users left the website for good. It hurts to see such arguments and to lose members as well. Not sure if I made the right choice or not because of the outcome.

For some trouble members we have a mentor who is part of our staff and he does an excellent job at communicating with them and helping them adjust. It doesn't always work out though and eventually those guys get banned.

There are a couple of guys who have needed the "discourage" feature that XenForo offers although that doesn't always work either if the guys are really persistent.

Previously, if I were to do everything I wanted that didn't require writing down exactly what I would respond to, I would tend to deal with trouble users the same, but if it were long term members that end up consistently causing issues, I tend to lock them out of the forum for longer periods of time, in the hopes that they would cool off.

Hire a bouncer. :cool: Nah, just kidding. Well, one forum I had, though, I learned the fact people needed to be tough with certain people. Well, the problem was that the guys pushed around the owner and the bullying etc.. actually gave color/drama to the forum, ironically. However, the fact remains though, it was a toxic and abusive scene there.

Well, it was a wrestling forum.

How do you deal with them? Myself, I'd have to look at the situation closely. I mean, bad moves from an otherwise good member could be dealt less harshly than someone else. Nonetheless, someone might argue such discipline is unfair.
I believe that at no time should people be treated badly, if they are problematic, they should be treated with more politeness, remember "the soft word removes anger" I work with a staff, and that works for me, you have to be more smart, say things wisely.

It should not be put on the level of an annoying person, and if it is, just calm down and then maintain cordiality and above all respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on how much trouble they are stirring up. If it minor , I would just talk to them, but if it is big , I would remove them.

how to deal with them is difficult, but as far as I ignore them, it will make them feel less aggressive than you argue or act. for them it will make them feel amused and continue to act annoying

Last edited by a moderator:
As a staff member i mostly deal with such members who makes trouble. First I give them a verbal warning. but if they continuously making trouble i gave them a forum banned. Its not hard to deal just convinces them first but if they're not listening you just vanished them from your website

I think the best way is not to focus on the negative energy, report the post and the staff team will remove and act accordingly.

Nuisance members can be dealt with by freezing them for a specific time if they are less disturbed. But if they were doing a lot of disturbance without stopping, they must bunished

If they haven't done something extremely bad I would give them a warning and a second chance. If they repeat the same troubles again just ban them because that's what they do best, create troubles

There should be room for second chances but where the user is a perpetual trouble maker who doesn't take corrections, then a ban would be the next course of action.

I think what guides different organization is law that regulates the activities of where ever you find yourself with sanction. If a member is joining a group they should be made to read the rules and regulations that guides the group and the sanction

In all my time posting on forums, it was just once I had an encounter with a rude member whose stock in trade is insulting people.
What I did when he insulted me was to ignore him totally, that actually pissed him off that he insulted me the more😁, I still ignored him till he finally stopped, since then I haven't had any issue with troublemakers on forum again.

If you mean a forum member making troubles then there are rules that can be applied. Flaming or picking up a fight is one ground for suspension or expulsion. A heated argument is not really a crime but when the post used cursing and name calling then that is also a ground. I had a bad experience with a moderator before so I know that it is not only members who can be arrogant and insulting but moderators as well.

Everyone has an Inbuilt bad demeanor, when you notice such. As always try to avoid such bad tendency and control your temper whenever trouble wants to fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back