jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
With forums, I would ask users a question at registration where they'd have to tell me the spelling of a word backward. For instance, I might ask, "What is window spelled backward?". Of course, perhaps you could also ask what a backward word is spelled frontward.

Anyway, for blogs, I would just get a good free program to keep spam out.

Well, what do you all do to prevent spam? You better do something, cause they're on the prowl looking to wreck your website!

It's not at all easy, dealing with the modern spambots.
There are a few companies which try to make actual humans enter the letters(Captcha), when they hit that stage. Banning the IP address and monitoring the website at all times, usually does the trick. It's not easy but we will have to do it.

Of course, we can't monitor the website by ourselves and we can use either tools or ask other moderators to do that job for us.

To me the most ideal choice is depending on the community to report nasty inquiries, spams and answers.

At the point when the report is gotten, the unwelcomed/undesirable is eliminated by a mediator/moderator in the event that they agree with the report. The inquiry or answer will be followed back to the client and that they will be restricted without the kindness of an affectionate goodbye or clarification. I surmise you could consider it what might be compared to being shot without hesitation.

With forums, I would ask users a question at registration where they'd have to tell me the spelling of a word backward. For instance, I might ask, "What is window spelled backward?". Of course, perhaps you could also ask what a backward word is spelled frontward.

Anyway, for blogs, I would just get a good free program to keep spam out.

Well, what do you all do to prevent spam? You better do something, cause they're on the prowl looking to wreck your website!
Is never easy to deal with spambots on your website. But the best possible way you can disable or reduce it. Is by enabling recaptchas, to know actual humans and the ones that are spambots.

Despite their intrusive nature, spambots can be tackled with simple precautions. One solution – make email addresses unrecognizable to robots. Simply remove the “@” or make email addresses invalid with random text on your website. This makes email addresses hard to recover without human correction. The most obvious way to protect your website against malicious attacks is to frequently review your website analytics and run diagnostic reports. If spambots are detected, your webmaster can block them via .htaccess or through a plugin.

Bad bots scrape content from a website with the intent of using it for purposes outside the site owner's control. This activity isn't illegal by itself; after all, you could scrape your own website without a hitch

There was a time I was forced to create 17 username when registering on a popular website in my country. It was a really terrible experience. If not checked, spam bots would ruin websites. I think, instead of banning users, the bots should just delete posts or contents theyfind offensive.

If you are dealing with spambot as a blogger or webmaster, the best thing you need to do is to download some plugin to that effect so as to be able to be blocking these spam when they are about to spam your Website. Most of the time the message they send are not always useful so I think you need to search for the plugin to get rid of them

There are ways to prevent the entry of spam bots but they are like mosquitoes that would pester us once in a while. I think the captcha works well against those bots especially the captcha with the 9 pictures or I think there were 12 where you choose the pictures that has a bicycle or a monkey. I always fail in that captcha so I guess the spam bots will also fail. But there is one simple filter that I usually see now where you will click on a square to signify that you are a human. I think that is also effective.

Dealing with spambots has always been hard to deal since the spamming begins, there are a lot of measures that a certain website do to prevent such bots this includes captcha typing like clicking pictures, typing words, and even checkeng boxes with text to confirm that they are not a robot.

I would use anti spam bots to prevent bots. Anti spam bots are designed to remove bots once they appear. Another strategy to stopping bots is using capchas, they can detect and prevent bots from entering your website

Despite their intrusive nature, spambots can be tackled with simple precautions. One solution – make email addresses unrecognizable to robots. Simply remove the “@” or make email addresses invalid with random text on your website. This makes email addresses hard to recover without human correction.

Despite their intrusive nature, spambots can be tackled with simple precautions. One solution – make email addresses unrecognizable to robots. Simply remove the “@” or make email addresses invalid with random text on your website. This makes email addresses hard to recover without human correction.

To be honest, I never knew what spambot was until now. Of course I knew what spam was. I had to go I do research on spambot and I think you'll find this useful:
  1. Use a CAPTCHA. ...
  2. Use a double opt-in form. ...
  3. Add a test question to your form. ...
  4. Add an unseen extra field or honey-pot. ...
  5. Block Comment Spam. ...
  6. Implement time-analysis. ...
  7. Hide target request

I think there are security procedures to check that now, use of captcha and the likes are useful to check this things. Dealing with nasty spambots can be frustrating and infuriating as well, it is best to have a system in place to stop it

The most obvious way to prevent spam bots is to constantly review your website analytics. You can put in place captchas, use an opt in form and also confirm the geolocation of the ip address.

After what happened in this forum, I was reviewing why it happened, and I read that there are different alternatives to try to stop Spambots, among them is the one you describe, the recaptcha, there are also MODs to prevent spam, among others. The important thing is to eliminate or avoid the presence of Spambots.

I still prefer using captcha to deal with spam bot. The activites of this spam bot mostly destroy our activites. The captcha that have 12 pictures is good to prevent this spambot. Although there are other methods of fighting this spam bot, I prefer the captcha

I think the best way to prevent spam bot from attacking your website is the usage of CAPTCHA as this will ensure that is only real and legitimate people that will register into the website.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back