What's new

Dealing with spam

Question for forum owners using Wordpress, how do you deal with spammers? what plugin or other methods do you use beside manual moderation?
Like seriously I want to use this opportunity to thank our forum I mean bizdustry for getting reed of spammers in here, because if not for that this site would have crash for a very long time I guess.

If you will want to deal with spammers and their menace on your forum, it is either you install the necessary tools on your site for it or go the manual way which will.bentoo cumbersome

I have used WordPress a lot and I haven't for once linked or seen a particular plug in being linked with spam . Instead there a re some measure you should put in place to avoid this instead.

Well, concerning your question in the above post on how to deal with spam, well one way i know you can use to deal with these spammers or scammers whatever you call it, is by making use of a captcha, that way it is hard for them to bypass it

Recaptchas or Hcaptchas eliminate most of the spammers or bots that post non sense and trash comments. Nowadays Hcaptchas serve better than recaptchas.

Try to use captchas, security questions. There was actually another thread that was so expansive (contributions from poster and readers alike). You should check it out and get more information

I do not use wordpress forums but I think using the manual moderation sounds great. It's a good idea . I use manual moderation for a channel I created too and it works perfectly for me. I will strongly recommend the manual moderation because you will have full control.

Never give out or post your email address publicly,think before you click., do not reply to spam messages., download spam filtering tools and anti-virus software, avoid using your personal or business email address.

There are applications on Google play store that can help you automate technically and deal with spammers or you can use the manual method.

I think you should use capatcha it is a good way to keep spam out, using capatcha is the best way to keep spam away from your site.

You can install anti-spam plug-in on your website if you are using wordpress as content management software. The different anti-spam plug-ins that will keep away any trackback and spam comment from your website.

I use WordPress for most of my blogging and it is okay because of the version I am using.
The Akismet works perfectly fine for me

These are the ways of dealing with spam
  1. ever give out or post your email address publicly. ...
  2. Think before you click. ...
  3. Do not reply to spam messages. ...
  4. Download spam filtering tools and anti-virus software. ...
  5. Avoid using your personal or business email address.

There are so many ways of preventing spam and before applying anyone you have to know the kind of spam first so you will know the controlling measure that is suitable for it

If you have a user generated content site, a forum, a discussion board, or even a blog, you will receive a lot of spam comments. This is very natural. If you allow people to register on your site and post comment, you become prone to spamming.

Are you talking about blocking spam comments on wordpress? I do not use wordpress, but wordpress must have an option to block spam comments. Have you searched for wordpress tools that might help you out?

If you will want to deal with spammers and their menace on your forum, it is either you install the necessary tools on your site for it or go the manual way which will.bentoo cumbersome
Installing the neccesary tools on you sites as a forums site owner is the only way of avoiding spammers into your sites , for example blocking spammers comment on WordPress.

Aside from that, forum users may witness firsthand how their forum's members are utilizing it correctly, giving them with the necessary information while also correcting their grammatical faults.
It's the greatest!

I don't really know how to control spamming but you can make research on YouTube you will definitely find a way to take care of it.

With automated systems, I usually have a question about a colour of a product during the registration process. But the problem is always dealing with humans that are spamming, it's important to deal with them quickly manually.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back